Nintendo considering to create a 3DS Successor

Do you think Nintendo should make a 3DS successor?

  • Yes

    Votes: 70 58.3%
  • No

    Votes: 50 41.7%

  • Total voters
    120

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2016
Messages
2,033
Reaction score
4,290
Trophies
1
XP
4,420
upload_2018-6-30_14-8-32.png

After Nintendo's new president, Shuntaro Furukawa, officially stepped in earlier this week, he has already started talking to Japanese media outlets about the direction of the company.

Furukawa believes that the 3DS still has advantages over the Switch and stated that Nintendo was considering various possibilities on creating a successor to the 3DS. While the Switch is still obviously a key focus for Nintendo at the moment, we might see a 3DS successor in the future.

Do you think Nintendo should pursue a successor to the popular handheld console?

:arrow: Source
 
This could make sense and go right, if the console is weaker than the Switch but more powerful than the 3DS. That would essentially make a Switch Lite, which is not too weak for big devs to make games for, but cheaper than the Switch.
 
Maybe actually build a better library on the Switch, first. I mean, Kimishima already entertained this idea last year, and eventually they're gonna come out with a new handheld. Nintendo, like, makes handheld systems, or something. Shocking, I know.
 
I could only see this as an advantage for people that cant afford the expensive switch
 
I want it so there's atleast some free multiplayer intact with pokemon.I don't want to pay 20$ a month on the switch just to go on battle spot.It would also be smaller and easier to fit in your pocket where as a switch would be best stored in like a backpack.
 
Last edited by ,
Awful idea IMO. They really should just stick to focusing on the Switch for now, better to stick with their current hard hitting platform rather than shit out another handheld that will just split the userbase and dev resources.
 
I hope they make a full on handheld that's dual screened yeah. I love the clamshell form so much.

Plus the switch is largely ports and games that are also on other consoles. 3DS and DS before it were largely original games designed for the device.
 
Last edited by dimmidice,
  • Like
Reactions: detroix

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted