Nintendo considering to create a 3DS Successor

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Lia, Jun 30, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

70 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    41.2%
  1. Searinox

Searinox Rawr~

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    Bucharest
    Would rather go the way of creating a Switch-lite that draws more appeal from the handheld community while still being part of the Switch ecosystem. I know I'd like a smaller version of the console to play it.

2. SpaceFunction

SpaceFunction Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2017
    Brazil
    I want the value of the Switch to flop so I can buy it easily. So yeah, I'm all in for this idea, honestly. I never understood the desire to buy something while it's still "trending".

3. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    The only way I can see that working is if they basically use modified internals of a Switch to create a smaller clamshell console that only outputs 480p and doesn't dock, but still plays all the same games at a lower resolution

4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I guess the Switch isn't good enough :rolleyes: Just what we need, yet another handheld to divert good games from a console.

5. dAVID_

dAVID_ Carpinter's Apprentice

Oct 23, 2016
    Mexico
    Nintendo 4DS

6. dpad_5678

dpad_5678 GBAtemp's Memelord

Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    Good. The Gameboy, DS, and 3DS lines of products have always been extremely successful because of great third party titles and relatively inexpensive hardware.

I love my Switch, but carrying it around is much more of an ordeal then carrying my GBA SP or N3DS. It they can make it work, go for it!

7. ry755

ry755 idk what to write here

Nov 29, 2017
    United States
    California
    Nintendo 3DSi

8. Treeko

Treeko GBAtemp Fan

Sep 29, 2012
    Stupidest idea from nintendo since the Wii u if it is what people are assuming it will be, a successor to the 3DS that means games specifically developed for said console, which would divide the userbase in 2, why nintendo isn't fully commiting to the switch is beyond me, the console has had the best momentum of any console ever developed, as well as the ability to be used in handheld mode, the best course of action nintendo should take is make a smaller switch that is handheld only, alot more power efficient (probably reduce screen size and resolution for longer battery life) and is a part of a bigger family of switch "systems".