Not open for further replies.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
0 day is the best. Again EZ Team made it.
wink.gif

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
I'm a bit confused about my Acekard2i that I got from shoptemp recently now... on my sisters DSi it shows up as Acekard... and doesn't work.

She's not updated as it's still on 1.4E... :s just says an error occurred.. am I missing something? (Maybe this post should have been a new thread in the Acekard forum..)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Cuber said:
I'm a bit confused about my Acekard2i that I got from shoptemp recently now... on my sisters DSi it shows up as Acekard... and doesn't work.

She's not updated as it's still on 1.4E... :s just says an error occurred.. am I missing something?
You need to flash it first to make it work on 1.4
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=174529
There be the fix!

higart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Appologies if this is a dumb question-

I have an R4i SDHC 1.4 with WiFi engine, a lot of you are saying on here that an upgrade depends on how active the teams are behind the hack - are these guys active like the supercard guys obviously are, or is it time to move on?

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Cuber said:

She's not updated as it's still on 1.4E... :s just says an error occurred.. am I missing something?
You need to flash it first to make it work on 1.4
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=174529
There be the fix!
Oh I see, thanks!
biggrin.gif
Here's hoping there's an update on Acekard for 1.4.1 soon.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
higart said:

I have an R4i SDHC 1.4 with WiFi engine, a lot of you are saying on here that an upgrade depends on how active the teams are behind the hack - are these guys active like the supercard guys obviously are, or is it time to move on?
It's time to move on.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
How have the SCDS2 team bypassed it then? I hear it's just a software update (ie the OS files on the SD card) so presumably it still uses shows as Danny Phantom in the DSi menu ?

yoshi2889

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
smftools.comlu.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
BlueStar said:
How have the SCDS2 team bypassed it then? I hear it's just a software update (ie the OS files on the SD card) so presumably it still uses shows as Danny Phantom in the DSi menu ?
You replace a file in the _dstwo folder and it works on 1.4.1. If I'm correct you replace system1.dat.
It shows up as Fish Tycoon, btw. Always did.

Too bad Nintendo didn't think about making a SD card channel for the DSi. I would really like that (mah DSi has only 120 blocks left
frown.gif
).

murkurie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
you replace, a file and when it turns on, it updates it self. and the icon is Fish Tycoon

higart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
giratina16 said:
higart said:

It's time to move on.

Well, that was to the point I guess!
blink.gif
Thanks.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Schizoanalysis said:
Greatforce said:
Cant nintendo force us to update at some point? ( For example, when new games are released or something )

Not unless they want all DS & DSL users to have to go and buy DSis.

Of course they want that.

giratina16 said:
I highly doubt that would ever happen. Not everybody owns a DSi, some people still have the DSPhat and the DSLite.

QUOTE(trumpet-205 @ Sep 9 2010, 01:24 AM)
I still have mine DS Phat. Though wanting to switch to XL.

Nintendo can't force update through game cartridge, cause Phat and Lite's firmware are not 100% rewritable.

Game carts can easily detect whether they are in a DS/DSL or a DSi (hence cards like Action Replay DSi show different icons depending on what console they're in), so they could very easily make it that when its inserted in a DSi, it'll force an update.

Anyway, the way it works on the Wii is the System Menu looks for the update on the disc, and installs it. So if it worked a similar way, DS/DSL would ignore update files, and only when the DSi is running the game would it check for update files and install them.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SifJar said:
Schizoanalysis said:
Greatforce said:
Cant nintendo force us to update at some point? ( For example, when new games are released or something )

Not unless they want all DS & DSL users to have to go and buy DSis.

Of course they want that.

giratina16 said:
I highly doubt that would ever happen. Not everybody owns a DSi, some people still have the DSPhat and the DSLite.

QUOTE(trumpet-205 @ Sep 9 2010, 01:24 AM)
I still have mine DS Phat. Though wanting to switch to XL.

Nintendo can't force update through game cartridge, cause Phat and Lite's firmware are not 100% rewritable.

Game carts can easily detect whether they are in a DS/DSL or a DSi (hence cards like Action Replay DSi show different icons depending on what console they're in), so they could very easily make it that when its inserted in a DSi, it'll force an update.

Anyway, the way it works on the Wii is the System Menu looks for the update on the disc, and installs it. So if it worked a similar way, DS/DSL would ignore update files, and only when the DSi is running the game would it check for update files and install them.
Well then they would have done it a long time ago.

xLaraCroftx

Trophies
XP
Country
I cant wait any longer! I'm losing the will to refresh pages! Got seroius withdrawl and rufuse to play on my old DS Lite
smile.gif

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a new update? why would I bother updating my DSi I already got everything I need LOL Nintendo is fail. And by the time I even want the update, Nintendo will have a new handheld out. If they are smart, they'd make sure nobody can pirate the new one but I don't have much faith in that
smile.gif
nayps3.gif
oops sony umm..
yaypsp.gif
oh I give up
hate2.gif

GrandRew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got lots of opinions for you...

A way to off an incentive to Acekard would be perfect here - a pledge that drops off as time goes by. If they fixed it within 24 hours I'd happy part with $20, 48 hours, $10 and decreasing 50% per day thereafter. With even a handful of the userbase buying in, they'd have some extra $1,000s for Pizza and RedBull.

Regardless we can't really shun Nintendo for trying this - we are lucky we can always buy Lites and old firmware DSi's and/or other flashcarts as a fallback.

One of the reasons I went for an XL recently was to get Starship Patrol from DSi ware - I payed my dollars and got the game - fair play. We all need to support the Big N and the game developers in some way - be it through buying extra hardware, extra consoles, or Wii and DSi points.

As the update hasn't blocked all flashcarts, it could actually have the opposite effect to the intended one - if you have updated there is no longer an option to buy DS points, and you will simply be buying a new flashcart, which is actually supporting the flashcart manufacturers through additional revenue. No one in the know will buy a new console when there are still flashcart options out there, and as much as I love my Acekard, we've all switched before, and we will switch again.

Although I've booted almost every DS game and played it for 5 minutes, the core of my gameplay could be represented by about 8 key titles, but I've had to try almost 50 to work out which ones they were. This 'lottery' is what I kind of resent in the games market, simply being duped into buying rubbish at full price.

In an ideal world I would like to see open ended trial games that you download for free, pledging the cash in escrow, and if you go over say 10 hours of play, you are charged the pre-argeed price automatically - that's $2.50 an hour as standard. If not, nothing, because lets face it, your game was crap.

The excellent 8 for me are -

1) Advance Wars - Days of Ruin
2) Mario Kart
3) Peggle
4) Dragon Quest IX
5) Might and Magic - Clash of Heroes
6) N +
7) Space Invaders Extreme 2
8) Rune Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News