Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendo begins deploying NX SDK to developers

nx.png

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Nintendo has begun distributing software development kits for the new NX to developers.

The article also reads that people familiar with the project say that the NX consists of both a console-like device and handheld unit, as per the rumours; and that Nintendo is planning to use "industry leading" components after criticism with the Wii U regarding its graphical capabilities.

Expect more details on the NX to surface next year, presumably around E3. GBAtemp will keep you updated on any new developments.

:arrow: Source (WSJ)

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
First :P

Now that is pretty interesting. I wonder if the controller will also feature as the handheld NX? I just really hope that they actually use "industry leading" components. If that ever happens, this NX has my money(if I have any, that is)

Reactions: Deleted User

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Industry-leading PPC processors :P

I really hope that they are going into a different direction with the NX. Most people I talked to thought that the gamepad is portable and you could play independently, without having a Wii U in the same room.

Inukami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got excited about the handheld unit part but then i realized it's probably another Wii U. Knowing Nintendo by "industry leading components" they probably mean Xbox One which wont really be industry leading by then.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Do you think we'll get specs any time soon?

It's looking more and more like Zelda wiiu will be a dual wiiu/nx launch
Indeed. I think they should justbrelease it on th Wii U alone and just let the NX have backeards compatibility.

Please let it be cheap :P

Seems unlikely. The prices would probably be a 100$ more if they let it have actual "industry leading" components.

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
This sounds very promising. Done right and capable of multiplats this could be the next big thing of Nintendo. The question is what can you really play on the handheld
Knowing Nintendo by "industry leading components" they probably mean Xbox One which wont really be industry leading by then.
I think Microsoft and Sony want to have a relativly long lifespan of the PS4 and Xbox One. So Nintendo will have a chance.
It's looking more and more like Zelda wiiu will be a dual wiiu/nx launch
Do we really need this discussion in every thread about the Wii U?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
got excited about the handheld unit part but then i realized it's probably another Wii U. Knowing Nintendo by "industry leading components" they probably mean Xbox One which wont really be industry leading by then.
'Rumours' have always been saying >PS4 capabilities, but not by much. Certainly won't have the PC kidz bursting into tears, but should be more than capable of duking it out with the other 2 consoles.
Sounds like it might just be what the Wii U should've been tbh... questions will remain about how portable the 'handheld' bit is though like orcid says.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be similar to the WiiU as in base and handheld. My question is could the handheld run as a standalone with less power. Say a portable Wii on the go, or full blown console at home.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think it's possible that the NX could be as powerful as the PS4 both at home and on the go? I don't think battery technology is good enough to power a home console for very long.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think nintendo merging their home and portable consoles is a good move. They are stretched too thin trying to provide games for 2 platforms.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
nintendo have only ever cared about japan and what's popular and hot there right now. and what's hot and popular there now? fucking tablets and mobile games! so what kind of console do they decide to make?! one that the rest of the world couldn't give 2 shits about. :glare:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg