Nintendo 64 Mods

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Kurisuellegarden, Jan 9, 2009.

1. I was thinking of how cool it'd be to play backups on my Nintendo 64! But...I wouldn't know where to begin to look because I did try google...but I'm not a newb... xD But all that came up was emulators and emulators...especially xbox Nintendo 64 emulators. xD

I found some devices but I don't see any available place to buy this Z64 items...or anything similar...

I was also wondering if there was ever a way to write a 64 rom to an actual 64 cart to make it seem like an original...

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
  3. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    there was never a flashcart for the n64 which is a shame, there is the very rare z64 units but they are very hard to find and will cost you a arm and a leg, and then there is the xbox n64 emulation but i wouldn't bother with it, half the time you are trying to find out which emu to boot a certain game, it's time consuming as if you get it wrong you have to reset the xbox each time and try again.

i do know that neoflash was going to create a n64 flashcart but they stopped working on it for some reason, which is a shame [​IMG]

4. xalphax

xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Nov 18, 2006
    Croatia
    here'n'there
    i have a doctor v64, similar to the cd64.

5. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    man, you must be the lucky one.

6. xalphax

xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Nov 18, 2006
    Croatia
    here'n'there
    ebay is slipping, one just went in germany for 101 euros.

7. The NU64 Flash Gang Writer seems pretty cool! [​IMG] Boy, if money wasn't an option, I'd buy that with bunchs of carts! So then I have a nice collection of games. =]

I've been pretty into the Wii homebrew...even before the backup loader. I thought it was great. [​IMG]

I wish I knew about these type of things when I was younger...I'm only 17 though...so I guess I'm still young.

8. playallday

playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

May 23, 2008
    Canada
    [@N@[)@
    It almost pays to get a Wii and hack it.

9. I wish the Wii64 program would keep updated...

I don't know one thing about emulating...otherwise I'd give a try at it! =]