OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
23mar10nintendo082b349.jpg

You had the hard news for breakfast, so how's about some less official, but still pretty robust, fodder for brunch? Asahi in Japan offers the first word on how the 3DS achieves its 3D-ness by suggesting that the new portable game machine with feature a parallax barrier LCD from Sharp. The tech has apparently already been deployed in a few cellphones over there and is described as "unsuitable" for large-screen TVs. This is corroborated by Nikkei, which suggests that the screens on the new device will be smaller than 4 inches diagonally, placing it closer to the DSi than the 4.2-inch DSi XL / LL. Other news from the latter source include so-called 3D control stick(s), though it's not entirely clear whether this'll be anything massively new or just a pair of analog nubs for us to push around. Either way, Nintendo is said to have secured patents for the new control methodology in Japan late last year. The Nikkei article also mentions improvements in WiFi transfers and battery life, as well as a new vibration function. Now that we've got all that out of the way, can someone please tell us if this thing has Tegra inside or not?
Source.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Even better, small handhelds are awesome, unless they're too small for my hands of course D:

And analog nubs sound nice too, they're more precise than buttons, although touch screen control is even more precise.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It needs proper sticks/nubs for 3D games, on the DS the d-pad wasn't good enough for 3D control.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking real 3D like Mario 64DS, using the touchscreen on that was bad and it also ruined Rayman 2 DS.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Matt140 said:
It better still have a touch screen otherwise that would be a bad move for Ninty.
Being backwards compatible you'd think it would have at least one.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems it works just like Project Natal, tracks your head with predictions because of multiple or bubble camera lens.
cool.gif
Sounds sexy.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There'll still be a d-pad and buttons, especially seeing Nintendo likes to do classic style games. Also they will most likely have Virtual Console on there for handheld games...well I hope.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadriano said:
There'll still be a d-pad and buttons, especially seeing Nintendo likes to do classic style games. Also they will most likely have Virtual Console on there for handheld games...well I hope.

If it's suppose to be backward compatible, they would have to have some sort of d-pad/button configuration. I'm just hoping they are smart enough to have a strong lineup with the launch. I'm hoping that will also be announced at E3 although more likely at TGS. This means a Zelda/Mario game or both.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5th gen Pokemon game will be a launch title, mark my words.

Also I hope it is so the staff here won't have to deal with the shit because a DS version will have AP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ defibeep: any mods available to help, I can't post a new thread about my switch issue