Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shadowsonic2.com
XP
Country
Chad
QUOTE said:
The glasses-free-3D handheld which hit shelves in Japan on February 26th finally hit one million in unit sales. It took a while for it to hit the one million milestone (13 weeks). Quiet slow compared to its ancestor, the Nintendo DS which took just 4 weeks to make that one million sales mark. However, a key thing to remember is that the Nintendo 3DS went on sale a week after Japan suffered one of the worst earthquakes in history.

Game Crunch

blackrider

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's still not enough good game titles out there for me to have any interest in the 3ds. If Nintrendo doesn't do something about that they'll have a hell of a time reaching 2 million units.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, it's called "Nintendo are actually releasing games now". They'll probably double their 3DS sales thanks to Ocarina of Time alone. Imagine what the likes of Kid Icarus and Luigi's Mansion 2 will do for it.
smileipb2.png

AvengerAkashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if nintendo put their logo on a piece of crap they will sell 1 million piece of crap because nintendo is only this A FREAKIN LOGO

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
AvengerAkashi said:
if nintendo put their logo on a piece of crap they will sell 1 million piece of crap because nintendo is only this A FREAKIN LOGO
Oh yeah, I forgot. For a second there I thought that they have been in business since the late 1800s, have run playing card, baseball, taxi and brothel services and, now have put out dozens of game consoles, not to mention having a very large amount of IPs that they regularly release games for.

My bad. They're a logo.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
It's not about the issues or launch titles, Japanese are Nintendo freaks, they'll buy any Nintendo stuff you throw at them why is everyone forgetting that Japan had a very serious Earthquake disaster? You can't expect people to just go out after so many casualties just to buy an electronic...would you go to buy a 3DS if your house was a wreck?? Answer me.

My wishes go out to the sufferers, I hope they (Japanese people, not Nintendo) recover from their losses. Lives are more important than electronics.

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
It's not about the issues or launch titles, Japanese are Nintendo freaks, they'll buy any Nintendo stuff you throw at them why is everyone forgetting that Japan had a very serious Earthquake disaster? You can't expect people to just go out after so many casualties just to buy an electronic...would you go to buy a 3DS if your house was a wreck?? Answer me.

My wishes go out to the sufferers, I hope they (Japanese people, not Nintendo) recover from their losses. Lives are more important than electronics.
Because every square centimeter of Japan was destroyed in this earthquake.

IN OTHER NEWS, I think it is kind of funny it had the most successful launch day, yet took forever to get to a million sales in Japan.

skateboard34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the 3DS sales both in Japan and America are finally picking up, due to the games announced and soon to be released for it.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
epicCreations.org said:
SamAsh07 said:

Because every square centimeter of Japan was destroyed in this earthquake.

IN OTHER NEWS, I think it is kind of funny it had the most successful launch day, yet took forever to get to a million sales in Japan.
Simple, those that were not affected bought the 3DS while the majority was affected. Common sense.
rolleyes.gif

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
epicCreations.org said:
I blame poor launch titles. There wasn't really anything of interest. Mine has been gathering dust, but it'll get more usage when LoZ comes out on Sunday.
Well that is also a factor, mine was collecting dust after I got SF4, then eShop arrived and I got into playing 3DS again, but now daily:-
I start up 3DS, turn on SpotPass, get the new Pokemon for the Pokedex 3D, check eShop for anything new and close it.

Nowadays, I'm busy playing Radiant Historia on my DSL, man this game rocks!!
yay.gif

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo is a good company, they just can't reach everyone as an audience. Unfortunately for them, they are in direct competition against Sony and Microsoft. And the teen population alone (generally) sees Nintendo as UNCOOL because they're doing drugs (unrelated) and playing Xbox/PS3. (Obviously, I'm not one of them, as I'm a Nintendoist.) Being that the teen population makes up most of gaming sales ATM, that's what this reflects.

Bloody trolls in the Nintendo threads... they're cruisin' for a bruisin'.

RodrigoCamilo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Most of people who buy a ps3 or xbox are searching for 2 basical things Graphics and Violent games, and everybody who buys nintendo systems know that this 2 things aren't the Ninty big focus, now with the wii u and 3ds nintendo seems to be trying to call these players attention. But without forgottin the casual players, they're trying to maximize the number and type of players who plays nintendo systems. I hope that this work for them because sony and microsoft are just one point ahead in these types of games and players.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
epicCreations.org said:
SamAsh07 said:
Nowadays, I'm busy playing Radiant Historia on my DSL, man this game rocks!!
yay.gif
Ain't it the truth!
laugh.gif
Why not on your 3DS, though?
unsure.gif
Because DS games looks better on the DS.
I agr- Maedhros!? Where have you been? You don't post that much anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64