Nintendo 3DS Digital Games are Attached to the Nintendo Network Account not the 3DS

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is amazing! So game sharing could be possible, of course you will have to say bye to all your eshop games, but if you dont play them anymore, you could get new ones by game sharing! In just waiting for Emunand on 7.00 to test this.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
This is amazing! So game sharing could be possible, of course you will have to say bye to all your eshop games, but if you dont play them anymore, you could get new ones by game sharing! In just waiting for Emunand on 7.00 to test this.

I don't think Game Sharing is possible. Just letting you guys know that THIS process will ERASE ALL YOUR FRIENDS IN YOUR FRIEND LIST and will give you a new FC.

loco365

Trophies
XP
So if I get a new 3DS, I just format the old one to unlink it, then sign into my NNID on my new 3DS and I have access to all my old games from my old 3DS?

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. If you want to "Trade" you'll have to give the other guy your Nintendo Network ID info and he will have access to your content, Credit Card, money, etc...

Yeah, i guess it can only happen if you realy trust someone, say family? Anyways, thanks for the info, Ill look further to it in the future when Emunand for 7.00 is corrected.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't tried that yet but I guess that should work
So what happens if the old 3DS no longer functions? A friend's was mangled in a car wreck, though he still has all his online purchases/redemption codes on his Nintendo whatever account. He has since purchased a new 3DS system. He can't do a system transfer, obviously, as his first one with all his digital purchases/ambassador is in shards of plastic :/

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So what happens if the old 3DS no longer functions? A friend's was mangled in a car wreck, though he still has all his online purchases/redemption codes on his Nintendo whatever account. He has since purchased a new 3DS system. He can't do a system transfer, obviously, as his first one with all his digital purchases/ambassador is in shards of plastic :/
Well in special circumstances such as your friend, a phone call to Nintendo is needed. A police report is needed as proof.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can't help to giggle at "really awesome", something entirely NORMAL as to keep your digital purchase, yet it is creating amazement.. The few games I have from DsiWare and WiiWare services will still be lost if my consoles die, unless I have a 3DS and U to do the transfer, then again some games may not go there.. Such an outdated online services with all the money Big N has to cover this worrying matter for many years already, just amazed!

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah and IDK why cuz Nintendo itself said that to Unlink the 3DS we need to do a System Format
A lot of times what representative says does not mane what is actually happening. Nintendo does a poor job on training these representative.

Till there is other proof or official words, system transfer is the only way to unlink one's 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny