Hardware Nintendo 3DS' analog stick...

GuiGuilhas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it usable with Nintendo DS games? I mean, the control pad got lower in the console display, so it could be uncomfortable to play NDS games with it. Can we use the analog stick for those games too?

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Yes, you can.

It still won't have the sensitivity it has with 3DS games because DS games aren't programmed to have a whole 360 directional...thingy.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure you can move it slightly to walk in SM64DS as you could if you carefully did it on the d-pad on a DS. It won't be as awesome as 3DS games that make full use of the slide pad but it'll somewhat work.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Arnold Schwarzenegger said:
I'm sure you can move it slightly to walk in SM64DS as you could if you carefully did it on the d-pad on a DS. It won't be as awesome as 3DS games that make full use of the slide pad but it'll somewhat work.
Unfortunatly no, the game is programmed to move only in 8 directions... Trying to go smoothly is like trying to go diagnoly in Pokemon.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
AlanJohn said:
Arnold Schwarzenegger said:
Unfortunatly no, the game is programmed to move only in 8 directions... Trying to go smoothly is like trying to go diagnoly in Pokemon.

Hey, that was my example ò.ó

QUOTE(Slyakin @ Mar 12 2011, 06:40 PM)
It will work, but it's only 8-way direction.

Wait, is it 360 analog in 3DS games? I never thought of that.

Of course it is. Making it just for comfort would be pointless addition to the pricing. And we're talking about Nintendo, not Sony.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: @xdquerty im 16