Nintendo 2DS: Screen refuses to power on, blue light comes on then turns off with a faint popping.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by ItsKipz, Mar 26, 2017.

1. ItsKipz
    OP

ItsKipz l33t hax0r

Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    The C: drive
    Is a repair possible for this? If so, is there anyone I could send it to? It has no warranty, so the big N is out of the question, and i cant find anything on the internet. Have not tried battery replacement yet, but i doubt it's that simple. Can provide more info if needed.

2. my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2008
    United States
    Has it been bumped or dropped? I replaced a broken screen in mine and it took a few tries to get the ribbon cables seated just right for it to turn on. Had me worried I broke it in the process. It's easy enough to take the back off and reseat the connections.

3. ItsKipz
    OP

ItsKipz l33t hax0r

Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    I'm kinda new to this, how do i "reseat the connections?" I've gotten the thing open, just dont exactly know what I'm looking for.

4. my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2008
    United States
    Last edited by my2k2zx2, Mar 26, 2017
  5. ItsKipz
    OP

ItsKipz l33t hax0r

Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    So i've been trying that for a bit, and its still not working. I'm wondering if you know any places/ GBATemp members i could send it to for repairs?

6. testerfan

testerfan GBAtemp Regular

May 28, 2013
    United States
    contact me through PM if you want to send it in for repair, or you can use my auction on ebay: https://goo.gl/P4uGyC

ItsKipz likes this.