Hardware Nintendo 2DS Hardware Problem?!

mbcrazed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone! So, I purchased a Nintendo 2DS about 3 months ago and it's been a blast! I've probably put on 300 hours into Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. See, the problem is that my screen cracked yesterday, for no reason at all. I was playing it 30 minutes before it happened, and when I pulled it out of it's case and got out of sleep mode, the whole screen was shattered. When off, you don't even see any damage. Of course I call Nintendo, they get my Devices 11 digit number on the back, and they say, "Your warranty is fine, except we don't cover physical damage like that. You can send it in for $75 plus tax and it will get refurbished." See, I think that's messed up. I've never dropped it, and I'm always careful with it. When a screen cracks for no reason at all, and I have to pay almost as much as the system cost to get it fixed, then that's a problem. What should I do? Should I just buy the N3DS and tough it out, or file a hardware complaint?
Thanks Tempers!~

NOTE: I've placed a GIF of me turning it on below. (Yes, I know it's horrible quality. Best I could get for 2mb's XD)

Edit: Here's a link showing the whole thing:

Attachments

• ezgif.com-optimize.gif
    ezgif.com-optimize.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 451

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow that is really weird, i have had a 2ds since a month after it released and its still fine. could the case may have been a little too tight?

mbcrazed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could just buy another 2DS. I think it'll come in 8.1.0 or in 9.0.

That's true! :) If I'm going to buy another console though, it's going to be the NEW 3DS, I'm willing to spend a little extra money for it! :) The reviews have been pretty great so far. It just irks me that I have a warranty that can't be used, even if I had nothing to do with the issue that has occurred.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately even the 2DS replacement screens are expensive. If you have good skills and you really want to keep your old 2DS, then just buy another second hand cheap 2DS and swap the screens.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
You could just buy another 2DS. I think it'll come in 8.1.0 or in 9.0.
More like 7.1 that I just bought 2 days ago at gamestop. : )

But yeah, no way nintendo is going to fix that when it looks totally like your fault. (pressure damage)
Try to take it back to the store. If that doesn't work just get another 2ds refurb/new for 100-130.

Reactions: mbcrazed

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow thats really messed up, i wonder why it would do that? maybe its a hardware problem with that alpha sapphire 2ds

mbcrazed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More like 7.1 that I just bought 2 days ago at gamestop. : )

But yeah, no way nintendo is going to fix that when it looks totally like your fault. (pressure damage)
Try to take it back to the store. If that doesn't work just get another 2ds refurb/new for 100-130.

My brother said something to me about the pressure. It bothered him how it cracked right at that spot as if I put alot of pressure on it before. The only game I can think that I would tap the screen multiple times right there is Kid Icarus Uprising, which I did play the day before it happened. I guess I'll just buy a new console! I just don't want other people to have this problem in the future!

mbcrazed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow thats really messed up, i wonder why it would do that? maybe its a hardware problem with that alpha sapphire 2ds

That's what I'm thinking. My little nephew who's 7 has dents in his system and it's perfectly fine. My plastic covering the screens is in perfect condition and my just shattered! XD

Kyohack

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokecheats.net
XP
Country
United States
Those could possibly be stress fractures from pressure. They seem to be originating from a point.

My pants are large enough to fit my 2DS in them, although it's a bit snug. Perhaps you sat on yours by mistake? My father has gone through two phones and a palm PC due to accidentally sitting on them, so I know it's possible to crack screens this way.

mbcrazed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those could possibly be stress fractures from pressure. They seem to be originating from a point.

My pants are large enough to fit my 2DS in them, although it's a bit snug. Perhaps you sat on yours by mistake? My father has gone through two phones and a palm PC due to accidentally sitting on them, so I know it's possible to crack screens this way.

There's one problem with that though. I was standing up! :o I never put my hands in my pockets either, so that can't be the case. Could it be from pressure over time?

andzalot55

I'm very delicious. mmmm.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's true! :) If I'm going to buy another console though, it's going to be the NEW 3DS, I'm willing to spend a little extra money for it! :) The reviews have been pretty great so far. It just irks me that I have a warranty that can't be used, even if I had nothing to do with the issue that has occurred.

Well if you do get a N3DS, you will need either ocarina of time or Cubic Ninja.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: