United States
No.
biggrin.gif

Take games apart with NDStool yourself.
biggrin.gif

D

Deleted User

OP
I am always perplexed by this kind of question, on the one hand the guy seems to be completly clueless with the most easy hacking, and on the other hand he seems to do some homebrew deving.

Would be the same if I'd tell you that I'm a good painter and I ask you to give me a some sketch for me to start working with. You'd say : come on guy ! stop pretending, get your fingers out of your ass and start making something...
happy.gif

D

Deleted User

OP
I didn't wanted to be so harsh, but if you just read up a bit, know how to get roms, and know how to use ndstool, you'll have the files you ask for in no time.

D

Deleted User

OP
Yes but redistributing narc contained inside roms is the same as redistributing roms. And this is forbidden by the board rules.

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just a few things:

a) don't name the tool narcotic no matter what... why would you want to name an NDS homebrew tool to something which is related to drugs? doesn't make sense. Also narc-o-matic sounds too childish.
b) is this a mac only tool?
c) is this specific to narc archives only? because you said "ultimate viewer/inserter for all kind of data"

D

Deleted User

OP
a) name is accessory at the time, so narc-o-matic right now was better than unnamed

b) no of course. everything will work on mac,linux,windows. The technology is the same I used for the phoenix wright tools.

c) the point is that it is able to tinker with all kind of files. Think of data types as some plugins, and the NARC support is just one of them. In the end I'd like to be able to edit/insert phoenix wright scripts, edit some sjis text or inject graphics. All withing the same framework.

D

Deleted User

OP
Yes the ultimate rom hacking tool tailored for DS games... doesn't sounds so ultimate for me...
But if it works well, adding some more formats to make generic rom hacking wouldn't be so hard.

neochaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Doesn't Tahaxan attempt to do this as well? Seems a little unnecessary for me to have 2 competing apps that are trying to do the same thing. Maybe everyone would profit from working together. Just an idea, no offense
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

OP
I'm an open-source multi-platform dork, and this tool seems to be for windows.
I'm writing it because I need for my ongoing projects. So it'd to be tailored to my use. My tool is not only for the matter of viewing/extracting data, but also insert and provide a way to distribute modifications in the kind of way it is done in PWSE.
All in all I don't think it will be possible to merge the two tools, and people will benefit of the two.
Long life to Tahaxan...

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You sir , are godlike !

First phoenix wright and now this .
smile.gif

Just an Question , do you think you could make this tool import and export 3d files ?
This would be so awesome.
wink.gif

@edit:
Btw , you said something about an alpha test, do you have ideas when you will do it ? xD

D

Deleted User

OP
The alpha will be made soon. I want to release as soon as it is in a usable state.
About 3D files, viewer will be made firstly, then export, then at last import. I know it is easier to export than to import.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just having another question :

Do you have any idea about .dat files ?

Pokemon Ranger is using them and i want one sprite from the game. :\
Also just looked trough my roms , sim city DS is also using narc files.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...