ROM Hack NinNinDays Content Restore Mod

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The second game I've got modded, next two will come in one thread cos I don't want people to feel like I'm spamming. (I'd put them here but they are more complicated so feel they should be separate)

The use of Simple mod manager is highly recommended due to the nature of this mod, as it allows for easy enabling/disabling (get it here). This mod can be installed manually if you must, but it's structured to work with the manager and latest version of atmosphere.

Before we start, this mod will enable the R18 content in-game and the gallery. No such files will be provided in this tutorial, only a custom config, links will only be provided to the legit steam patch (sfw page so think it's allowed). This game has an adult warning in the base game already so no kids allowed here, shoo.

There are two version of this games patch, a mosaic version of the scenes for the steam edition of the game, or a fully uncensored version for the MangaGamer edition. The steam patch can be downloaded for free, but the MangaGamer edition must be purchased as it comes pre-patched, unlike the steam edition.

The problem with this game is that the audio files for the R18 scenes are already in the PC base game and are not included in the free patch, so if you want to hear miss ninja waifu being lewd then you need to buy the game. Either version should work but it you don't already own the steam version I'd suggest buying the MangaGamer one as it'll have the fully uncensored scenes in it. Or if you don't care for the audio you can still get the mosaic scenes for free using the steam patch, just without spoken dialogue (the text is still there though).

How to install the patch

Getting ReadyAdding Audio (Optional)Adding FilesActivate & Verify

1. Download the attached zip, extract to desktop for now
    2. Download Steam Patch (mosaic scenes) (Free)
      or
      Buy MangaGamer version and install (Full scenes) (Paid)
    3. Extract 'root.pfs.040' to desktop from the steam patch
      or
      Locate 'root.pfs.050' in the pc install directory of the game (MangaGamer)

• Buy either Steam or MangaGamer version of the game to get this file
    • Find 'root.pfs.000' in game install directory
    • Place 'root.pfs.000' in 'mods\NinNinDays\Restore Mod\contents\0100746010E4C000\romfs\'
    • Rename 'root.pfs.000' to 'root.pfs.001'

1. Place patch 'root.pfs.040' (Steam) or 'root.pfs.050' (MangaGamer) in 'mods\NinNinDays\Restore Mod\contents\0100746010E4C000\romfs\'
    2. Your folder should look like this, with either 'root.pfs.040' or 'root.pfs.050', not both
      ninnin.png
    3. If you didn't add audio then 'root.pfs.001' will be missing, this is normal if you skipped that step
    4. Copy 'mods' folder to root of SD card to use with Simple Mod Manager

1. Use mod manager or the tesla overlay to activate and verify the mod
    2. If you see 'Uncensored Edition' on the Artemis screen, the mod has installed successfully.
    3. R18 content is now available in story and extra/gallery mode.

Attachments

• NinNinDays Content Restore Mod.zip
    177.1 KB · Views: 377
Last edited by Rasa39,

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, dear @Rasa39 !

What do you think about NinNinDays 2, is there any Switch uncenore mod for the second game? Love you in advance.
HI there @mathew77 , I'm glad you like it. :wub:

I have looked into that game but it'll take a but longer than usual unfortunately as I am currently sick right now, hoping to get better soon though and then I will have a real look into it for you and everyone else who is interested, myself included hehe. But yeah I'm sorry that it'll take longer before I can even start, so please everyone don't hate me for it :cry:

• Love
Reactions: mathew77

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hey i already did heres the zip just extract it sdcard mods folder.it includes the uncensored file.
I'm not 100% sure but I thought including the fully uncensored patch breaks the forum rules since it's copyrighted content. That's why I never have, or for other games only linked to the sfw site with the free steam patch download since that one is publicly available. So you might want to remove it just in case you get in trouble.

Also you can't just extract the switch table from the NND2 rom and then follow my guide here, if it was that simple I would have told @mathew77 to do so already. Now granted, the game might work and some scenes could load but not all of them, and you certainly won't have access to the uncensored gallery. So unless you're counting, there's no way to know if you can see all the extra events. Hence why I make the mod to enable everything to load correctly (and even then sometimes there was bugs I needed to fix).

My main concern with this new game is that the scenes feature video files and not just images, I'm looking into it but so far I haven't gotten the video files to work. I got the scenes to play, the cg shows up (ie. applying sun-lotion and gifting pies to the girls), the audio is there, but there is just a black screen when the video files should be showing/looping.

I'll keep you guys posted if I make a breakthrough, at which point I'll have a full tutorial up for it. I just hope there's a way to make it work because the new scenes look great.

Rodel

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm not 100% sure but I thought including the fully uncensored patch breaks the forum rules since it's copyrighted content. That's why I never have, or for other games only linked to the sfw site with the free steam patch download since that one is publicly available. So you might want to remove it just in case you get in trouble.

Also you can't just extract the switch table from the NND2 rom and then follow my guide here, if it was that simple I would have told @mathew77 to do so already. Now granted, the game might work and some scenes could load but not all of them, and you certainly won't have access to the uncensored gallery. So unless you're counting, there's no way to know if you can see all the extra events. Hence why I make the mod to enable everything to load correctly (and even then sometimes there was bugs I needed to fix).

My main concern with this new game is that the scenes feature video files and not just images, I'm looking into it but so far I haven't gotten the video files to work. I got the scenes to play, the cg shows up (ie. applying sun-lotion and gifting pies to the girls), the audio is there, but there is just a black screen when the video files should be showing/looping.

I'll keep you guys posted if I make a breakthrough, at which point I'll have a full tutorial up for it. I just hope there's a way to make it work because the new scenes look great.
ok sorry i delete it..i just want to share, if that is not allowed in here.

XVicarious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @Rasa39

I took look at this and came up with this (on my GitHub Gists, XVicarious/d2fb7fdecee70d40d68f28f5fa121902, can't post links yet). Included is the new list_switch.tbl and a diff file. I fixed the buttons at the top of the extras screen and their navigation.

You mentioned two CG that don't show up (18 and 19), but I don't see those files in either copy of the game (so I took them out). They can show up if you add them to the table that starts on line 343.

Edit: I have added a Python script (written with no care) to mock the ui so you can see about what it will look like. Of course this doesn't take into account the extra_cgmode table, but I was trying to make as generic as possible. I could possibly extend this if there is interest.

Last edited by XVicarious,

DizzyDrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Any progress on this at all?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1