KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
209290-2.jpg

Speaking with VG24/7 about their progress developing Ninja Gaiden 3 for Nintendo’s new console, Team Ninja indicated that it would not be “developed in parallel” with the Xbox 360 or PS3 versions. In fact, Peter Garza of Tecmo Koei confidently stated that the team is pushing the console “as hard as they can.

"… we really wanted to use whatever hardware we were on, we want to use to its full potential and really push that. Not just in spec, but the features that make that hardware unique. So for right now with Wii U, we’re just starting to know what Wii U is and how we can make it fun."

The question is, what new features is Garza referring to? The Wii U certainly has a unique control scheme, but how will a strictly hack-and-slash platformer take advantage of that? Are we to expect a simple inventory menu on the controller screen?
Perhaps, something more exciting is in store, in the vein of holding the controller up to the TV to reveal hidden platforms, or having to use the touch sensitivity to block or parry incoming attacks. Well, at least, that’s the best that I can come up with. Garza didn’t reveal any specifics about development, only an optimistic outlook. In terms of what else can be expected with the upcoming third installment, Joystiq spoke with technical director Fumihiko Yasuda about the game’s new feature, Hero Mode. It will significantly scale the difficulty down, so that a broader spectrum of players can experience the story.

Source

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: though my mom has documents here on my pc