Misc Nights games on the switch?

emilin_rose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think they'll ever port the Nights games to the switch? I mean they're a Saturn and a wii game, and Nights has a good cult following. It seems like an easy enough sell to me.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sega does what it wants and Ninten can't force them..
The first game was released to XBLA/PSN btw.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't see it happening to be honest (the original is one of my all time fave games by the way) - it didn't sell very well on PS360 (wasn't a particularly good port on either platform to be honest), the sequel also sold below expectations on Wii (and yes, was rather arse anyway)
It was also quite the videogame version of Marmite anyway, even when it was actually good on the Saturn and PS2: many people didn't 'get it' back then, and even less will these days - score attack games are long gone for the most part: it's a relic of a bygone era!
So no, don't get your hopes up, would take quite a bit of work to port, and doesn't sell well enough for them to bother in my opinion (and could you really trust a fukkin joycon analogue stick not to let you down on it anyway?!)

emilin_rose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have good points, but I've seen other games that were niche/cult classics get ported(Nocturne, woo!). I won't get my hopes to high though. Y'know what'd be cool too? Sa2b on the switch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo