NGP may not launch globally in 2011

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
The way they say, "they'll find money that they didn't think they had" means to me that this handheld will really be expensive and even if they can launch it by 2011, i'll probably not "find the money I think I never had" probably because I'm buying games for the 3DS and too broke too buy this handheld.This time, I'll probably wait for a year or so before I'll decide on buying it.Also I have my eyes set on Iphone4 so I'll probably super broke.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Slyakin said:
Oh, I just love Sony and their horrible marketing scheme.

I can only assume region-lock at this pace.
3DS has region lock. We don't know nothing about NGP.

PSP Region Lock was optional, nobody used it (as far as I know).

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Opium said:
My bets are Japan November/December 2011 and the rest of the world March/April 2012. At a price point of $US350. If the price gets much higher than that then it will definitely be DOA.

Consumers don't have that much money these days and these handhelds are more expensive than ever. Even the 3DS is going to be released at the same price as a console was. Everyone will have bought a 3DS in 2011 and won't have the money for the PSP. Plus, once they enjoy the 3D screen they might not want to go back. It'll be the same as the DS/PSP war was. The DS was underpowered but that didn't stop it, it had unique and fun software. The PSP2 is a beast and it will have a console experience (Uncharted/LBP/Killzone etc) in a portable. Who actually wants that? Not joe public. Console experiences are for consoles. You get a huge TV and comfy couch.
Sorry, but console power have nothing to do with the quality of the software, it only depends on the softhouse to deliver great gameplay experience. People like to say that, when you have too much power, you don't know what to do with it... bullshit.

The NGP can have interesting types of gameplay as much as the 3DS.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
Opium said:
My bets are Japan November/December 2011 and the rest of the world March/April 2012. At a price point of $US350. If the price gets much higher than that then it will definitely be DOA.

Consumers don't have that much money these days and these handhelds are more expensive than ever. Even the 3DS is going to be released at the same price as a console was. Everyone will have bought a 3DS in 2011 and won't have the money for the PSP. Plus, once they enjoy the 3D screen they might not want to go back. It'll be the same as the DS/PSP war was. The DS was underpowered but that didn't stop it, it had unique and fun software. The PSP2 is a beast and it will have a console experience (Uncharted/LBP/Killzone etc) in a portable. Who actually wants that? Not joe public. Console experiences are for consoles. You get a huge TV and comfy couch.
Sorry, but console power have nothing to do with the quality of the software, it only depends on the softhouse to deliver great gameplay experience. People like to say that, when you have too much power, you don't know what to do with it... bullshit.

If developers can't take advantage of the hardware, the it means shit all to the end users (well some of them).

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Argentum Vir said:
Maedhros said:
Opium said:

If developers can't take advantage of the hardware, the it means shit all to the end users (well some of them).
Of course... and your point is...

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
The whole point of having that much power is being able to use it. If they can't then whats the point? The DS was successful because it was easy to develop on. The 3DS may still have that ease. If you look at the PSP, it had a lot less titles. Hard to develop? Maybe, but the biggest selling point for the DS in the developer's eyes, was the ease of programming.

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NGP is gonna be $400 + when its first released while the 3DS will be less than $400 when its out and the price of the 3DS will keep dropping until it reaches a decent price unlike NGP which is coming late 2011 and that time the price will be $400 so again i think nintendo has out smarted sony. imo

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ringo619 said:
NGP is gonna be $400 + when its first released while the 3DS will be less than $400 when its out and the price of the 3DS will keep dropping until it reaches a decent price unlike NGP which is coming late 2011 and that time the price will be $400 so again i think nintendo has out smarted sony. imo
Uhh...the NGP wasn't even announced when the 3DS's price was.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Argentum Vir said:
Maedhros said:
The whole point of having that much power is being able to use it. If they can't then whats the point? The DS was successful because it was easy to develop on. The 3DS may still have that ease. If you look at the PSP, it had a lot less titles. Hard to develop? Maybe, but the biggest selling point for the DS in the developer's eyes, was the ease of programming.
Are you a wizard? Can you give me the lotto numbers? Because what are you saying is impossible to know. But, with all these companies already working on it, who knows what type of games we will have?

At least wait until they annouce their games before you make affirmations, huh?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
Argentum Vir said:
Maedhros said:
Are you a wizard? Can you give me the lotto numbers? Because what are you saying is impossible to know. But, with all these companies already working on it, who knows what type of games we will have?

They're not affirmations, they're inferences. He's inferring from the PSP's sales and gaming library what may become of the NGP, he's not saying he knows what will absolutely happen.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
machomuu said:
Maedhros said:
Argentum Vir said:
Maedhros said:

They're not affirmations, they're inferences. He's inferring from the PSP's sales and gaming library what may become of the NGP, he's not saying he knows what will absolutely happen.
That's pointless, the differences between PSP and NGP (starting from the different types of gameplay disponible for it) are so big that we can't assume nothing about the type of games the thirdies will make for it. It can have games on the same level of the DS now. They already have companies who make great casual games working with them (Popcap is one of them).

I won't find an absurd to see on this generation a lot of multiplatform games (NGP and 3DS). The only difference would be the graphics (Example: On the NGP, the game X can do the marketing on the higher definition graphics and the 3DS on the 3D enhanced graphics).

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
That's pointless, the differences between PSP and NGP (starting from the different types of gameplay disponible for it) are so big that we can't assume nothing about the type of games the thirdies will make for it. It can have games on the same level of the DS now. They already have companies who make great casual games working with them (Popcap is one of them).

I won't find an absurd to see on this generation a lot of multiplatform games (NGP and 3DS). The only difference would be the graphics (Example: On the NGP, the game X can do the marketing on the higher definition graphics and the 3DS on the 3D enhanced graphics).
If its pointless, then don't say the power of the NGP will be used... I was just countering your logic that just because it is powerful doesn't mean it will fail... Well, it will fail if the devs cannot use it right...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show