(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiKiLEAK said:
Maedhros said:
Midna said:
...These games are going to be big. Seriously. I hope everyone has a sweet onnection.
Wow, where do you live? Even in my country, that have shitty connections/ISP's, we can download 2/4GB with ease.

This is perfect. I'll probably buy two NGP's (one for mods/emulation and one to keep with NGP/PSP/PSX originals). I want to Nintendo make 3DS titles disponible on E-shop too, not only the Virtual console and demos...

Someone asked if the NGP was region locked: PROBABLY no, if it's like the PSP, where the teams have the choice of making it region exclusive or not (thus never being used). So you can have a PSN account wherever do you want and play games of that region regardless.
But then you will need multiple PSP2 consoles because you will need to linked every console to a PSN account to be able to download the games.That being said, if you want t be able to play japanese released games without having to import them, you will have to create a PSN account as from japan and link it to your PSP2, which will not allow you to download European or American releases since you are from Japan.

Or you could just buy the physical copy of the game if the physical copies aren't region locked. The NGP is using both digital and physical distribution.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiKiLEAK said:
Maedhros said:
Midna said:
...These games are going to be big. Seriously. I hope everyone has a sweet onnection.
Wow, where do you live? Even in my country, that have shitty connections/ISP's, we can download 2/4GB with ease.

This is perfect. I'll probably buy two NGP's (one for mods/emulation and one to keep with NGP/PSP/PSX originals). I want to Nintendo make 3DS titles disponible on E-shop too, not only the Virtual console and demos...

Someone asked if the NGP was region locked: PROBABLY no, if it's like the PSP, where the teams have the choice of making it region exclusive or not (thus never being used). So you can have a PSN account wherever do you want and play games of that region regardless.
But then you will need multiple PSP2 consoles because you will need to linked every console to a PSN account to be able to download the games.That being said, if you want t be able to play japanese released games without having to import them, you will have to create a PSN account as from japan and link it to your PSP2, which will not allow you to download European or American releases since you are from Japan.

Plus, Sony could use a system to identify the market zone of that console as they did with the PSP, where Japanese PSP end in 1 as in PSP-1001, PSP-2001, PSP-3001, whereas American ones end in PSP-1002, PSP-2002, PSP-3002 ... so that way even if you set a account as from Japan when you try to link it to your American or European console it will detect that the console belongs to another Market Zone.

Only certain features (digital comics and region specific features) are under the market zone system, also with digital comics it blocks any IP from anywhere except that specific region from accessing their items. Games are excluded though so if you are just after games and DLC for Japanese games you will be safe.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guild McCommunist said:
WiKiLEAK said:
Maedhros said:
Midna said:

Or you could just buy the physical copy of the game if the physical copies aren't region locked. The NGP is using both digital and physical distribution.
This.
And I have multiple accounts on PSN. But, unlike the DS, most interesting Japanese games always get localized, so I end not using them at all.

WiKiLEAK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
WiKiLEAK said:
Maedhros said:
Midna said:

Hello ??? ... I though we were talking about the downloadable games being able to be downloaded to other markets consoles, no body was saying you could not import them, that's why I specifically said : if you want to be able to play japanese released games without having to import them

And I have multiple accounts on PSN. But, unlike the DS, the most interesting Japanese games always get localized, so I end not using them at all.

I was not saying you cant have various accounts, but are all of them linked/synced to the same machine ?

I have 2 PSN accounts but only one linked to my PSP

@ Hop2089 : but them it will be as easy as to use a proxy so that they wont be able to ban/exclude me becasue of my IP no ?

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
they should make a thing where you can go to gamestop, walmart or whatever store and plug it in to usb and download titles, usb > network. but knowing sony they probably will fuck up the protection on it and it will be softmodded in days.

That's an interesting idea. Nintendo did something like this with the Famicon Disk Drive.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
WiKiLEAK said:
Guild McCommunist said:
WiKiLEAK said:
Maedhros said:
Midna said:

Hello ??? ... I though we were talking about the downloadable games being able to be downloaded to other markets consoles, no body was saying you could not import them, that's why I specifically said : if you want to be able to play japanese released games without having to import them

And I have multiple accounts on PSN. But, unlike the DS, the most interesting Japanese games always get localized, so I end not using them at all.

I was not saying you cant have various accounts, but are all of them linked/synced to the same machine ?

I have 2 PSN accounts but only one linked to my PSP

@ Hop2089 : but them it will be as easy as to use a proxy so that they wont be able to ban/exclude me becasue of my IP no ?
Not impedes you of using two accounts on the PSP... at least on mine.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiKiLEAK said:
Guild McCommunist said:
WiKiLEAK said:
Maedhros said:
Midna said:

Then you're simply asking for basically every game to not be specific to a region and for every NGP game to be available online across the world. Sorry, some games don't leave Japan for a reason. People have been importing games since like forever and I don't remember them really complaining about importing (well, outside of the complaint of the game not getting localized).

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Guild McCommunist said:
Midna said:

Welcome to PC gaming. Seriously, I think more people buy from Steam and other download services more than retail nowadays for PC games.

And 2GB to 4GB games is far from "big", especially compared to other downloadable media (like Games on Demand on the 360, games on Steam as I mentioned before, etc).

This is a much better way of pushing digital distribution than the Go did, which is good. Now they just need good sales from their downloadable titles and they'll be set.
Leaving my PC on for the night to download a new game is different from doing it on a handheld. Though these will come directly from dedicated Sony servers, so the speed shouldn't be too bad.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Midna said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Midna said:

Welcome to PC gaming. Seriously, I think more people buy from Steam and other download services more than retail nowadays for PC games.

And 2GB to 4GB games is far from "big", especially compared to other downloadable media (like Games on Demand on the 360, games on Steam as I mentioned before, etc).

This is a much better way of pushing digital distribution than the Go did, which is good. Now they just need good sales from their downloadable titles and they'll be set.
Leaving my PC on for the night to download a new game is different from doing it on a handheld. Though these will come directly from dedicated Sony servers, so the speed shouldn't be too bad.
What does impedes you of putting the NGP on charge and download the game at night anyway?

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
machomuu said:
Joe88 said:
machomuu said:
Can't we just have physical?
then go out and buy the game, they are just offering both options
I know, that's why I said "just".
No, that would be idiot.

Digital distribution is a tendency. My country sells things overpriced, with Digital distribution I can buy games for a fair price, on Steam at least. Hope it's the case with NGP.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
machomuu said:
Joe88 said:
machomuu said:
No, that would be idiot.

Digital distribution is a tendency. My country sells things overpriced, with Digital distribution I can buy games for a fair price, on Steam at least. Hope it's the case with NGP.
Do you mean "idiotic"? Even if it is, it wouldn't be idiotic by what you're saying, it would be impractical.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
machomuu said:
Maedhros said:
machomuu said:
Joe88 said:
machomuu said:
No, that would be idiot.

Do you mean "idiotic"? Even if it is, it wouldn't be idiotic by what you're saying, it would be impractical.
Yup, idiotic, thanks for the correction.

It's not impractical, it already works on the PSP. They only need to make it more acessible by using Paypal or something similar. I would not even bother to hack the console this way, because I would only get what I wanted for the right price, like I'm already doing on Steam.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
machomuu said:
Maedhros said:
machomuu said:
Joe88 said:
machomuu said:
No, that would be idiot.

Yup, idiotic, thanks for the correction.

It's not impractical, it already works on the PSP. They only need to make it more acessible by using Paypal or something similar. I would not even bother to hack the console this way, because I would only get what I wanted for the right price, like I'm already doing on Steam.
No, that's not what I meant, I'm saying that you were saying that it would idiotic, and I think it would be more impratical than idiotic if they didn't add both physical and digital by your definition...if that makes sense.

WiKiLEAK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Not happy with some game not getting to the PSN to be able to download to your PSPGo ... well now with the NintendoGamePlayer, it could be the other way ... not getting it on physical media

SONY said:
Every NGP game will be available to download, some might not even make it to physical release

NGP will get game downloads the same day as retail. In an interview with MCV, House said that the company aims to adopt a hybrid model of distribution for the platform, building on PSP Go strategy of dropping the UMD drive featured on the original PSP design. However, unlike the PSP Go, NGP games will be available in on flash storage cards through retail stores, and through digital download as well. Some games will also be available as digital download only.

Does retail have a big part to play in NGP? Or is the focus on digital?

That is one of the attractions of having a hybrid approach to distribution. You have maximum flexibility. It gives a great opportunity for retailers to continue to be an active part in the business. But at the same time, it gives the consumer the flexibility of digital access to content.

I also think publishers will start to look at distribution methods depending on the size of content. Clearly if you have big blockbuster games, then downloading them is perhaps not the best experience.

One thing we learnt from PSP, is that we want to have simultaneous delivery in digital and physical for NGP. Just to clarify that, all games that appear physically will be made available digitally. Not necessarily all games have to be made available physically. And having the option of a digital-only method affords more creative risk-taking, and that’s because you don’t-have that in-built risk of physical inventory.

What I’d like to see is a hierarchy of different games of different sizes. So at the high-end you’ve got these big, premium games, which by and large will be available physically because that is the most convenient way to access them. And then there’s an opportunity for digital-only, where we might see more experimentation.

Zurs : http://www.mcvuk.com/features/894/INTERVIEW-Andrew-House

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry, but they never said NGP games wouldn't/won't be released on retail.

QUOTE said:
One thing we learnt from PSP, is that we want to have simultaneous delivery in digital and physical for NGP. Just to clarify that, all games that appear physically will be made available digitally. Not necessarily all games have to be made available physically. And having the option of a digital-only method affords more creative risk-taking, and that’s because you don’t-have that in-built risk of physical inventory.

What I’d like to see is a hierarchy of different games of different sizes. So at the high-end you’ve got these big, premium games, which by and large will be available physically because that is the most convenient way to access them. And then there’s an opportunity for digital-only, where we might see more experimentation.

Retail games will be huge. For these, they'll sell it on both formats because it's more accessible for people to buy it that way.

Off course: He is talking about Minis, PS1 games, PSP games... these are already download only and are smaller than a normal game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus Christ, why are people complaining about digital downloading.

The PC has been really pushing for digital downloading. Steam is quite popular, and its got competitors like Games for Windows and what not that do decently well. In the end its more practical on both ends: companies save money on production costs and consumers save the trip of going to the store or waiting for it to ship to them (as well as not having to jumble around physical media and keeping everything on a single place). Plus if you're all about the environment you can say its going green by cutting down on production costs. Yippie!

As for digital downloading exclusives, who gives a fuck. Tons of indie games are digital-only and there's some big games that are digital only as well. It's not a problem at all.

People seem to be making a big issue out of this because its Sony. If Nintendo was to do the same exact thing I don't think people would be so upset. I'm just saying.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guild McCommunist said:

The PC has been really pushing for digital downloading. Steam is quite popular, and its got competitors like Games for Windows and what not that do decently well. In the end its more practical on both ends: companies save money on production costs and consumers save the trip of going to the store or waiting for it to ship to them (as well as not having to jumble around physical media and keeping everything on a single place). Plus if you're all about the environment you can say its going green by cutting down on production costs. Yippie!

As for digital downloading exclusives, who gives a fuck. Tons of indie games are digital-only and there's some big games that are digital only as well. It's not a problem at all.

People seem to be making a big issue out of this because its Sony. If Nintendo was to do the same exact thing I don't think people would be so upset. I'm just saying.
Actually, If was Nintendo releasing something similar to NGP, you would get different reactions here...

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

As for digital downloading exclusives, who gives a fuck. Tons of indie games are digital-only and there's some big games that are digital only as well. It's not a problem at all. The people who are "making a big issue" apparently.

I'm pretty sure if they made a game like OOT 3D download only people will "make a big issue" as well. I'm just saying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth