Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
_Chaz_ said:
So if you lose your NGP, you lose all the games and saves you had with it too?
Or are the games and saves stored on PSN?
What happens in the case of a server failure, or if PSN is hacked?

I like the idea of not having to carry around 10 games, but I see no reason why there just couldn't have been physical copies.
What if someone doesn't have access to wifi? Not everyone has wifi yet (hell, I know some people who didn't have internet until recently).
And this really kills all possibilities of backwards compatibility.

This also creates a security risk for Sony, and we all know they cope so well with their consoles being hacked.

They'll be linked to your PSN account. It should work as it does on the PS3/PSP, you buy a keep, it ties to your account and if you delete it from your hard drive, you can download it again. Service failure or if PSN is hacked who knows? I imagine they'll have a plan. I know people like to go "LOLSONY, NINTENDO FTW," but despite past fuck ups, their not idiots and generally their products do work to a competent standard.

There are going to be physical versions. Digital and Physical are going to be sold side by side. This just gives extra choice to the consumer. Choice is good.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
I know people like to go "LOLSONY, NINTENDO FTW," but despite past fuck ups, their not idiots and generally their products do work to a competent standard.
Seeing as how they've been doing recently, I can't imagine them being back on top just like that.
Other than that, I approve.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sony haven't exactly been getting thrashed. The PS3 and PSP has sold reasonable amounts, they could certainly do better. I've got both and both are really good consoles. not as much as the Wii/DS but than again their audience in particular their advertising isn't as Universal as Ninty.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Personally, any console on this generation is better than the Wii (only first party gives me an incentive to buy it on the future and some gems like Little King's Story and Muramasa)... but that's for another topic.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Some people still like to carry or want the physical thing. : Then buy a fucking physical copy of the game. I've never seen anyone complain about their DSiWare or WiiWare games all being in one place, or their DS games on a flashcart. If you want to jumble around a case full of carts or discs or whatever to have it lost, stolen, damaged, whatever, then be my guest. Just don't come crying here when you say "I lost all my games!"
Again I never really had this problem. You talking about people who do not take care of their games. I do not have them all in disorder. If you can't take care of your stuff then fine.
Losing that feeling when you finally get it or going through all the games you bought. You're still buying these downloaded games. Any Steam user can attest to the fact that this is not true at all. "Piracy syndrome" is only the result of getting the games for free, not downloading it. I can attest to this.
This has nothing to do with "Piracy syndrome" it still a good feeling having and holding your games.
But people lose trading value. To stores to other people. : Who gives a shit. When game prices drop rather quickly on Steam, you won't be whining about not getting money for your used game. And if you constantly trade in games, then you lose that feeling of owning your games! Oh no!
When you trade games you usually trading for another game whether that be your a store or your friends...
Never had that problem, just sent it back. I don't think any game store will let you hand back a used copy of a game that you went to town on with a fucking sander. I'm saying if you bought a game, had it for a while, and it eventually got scratched or stopped working over time. Gameboy games like Pokemon have batteries that die. Any disc based game can scratched. Some games might just get caught in your pocket and go through the wash.
Never had these problems. Well expect two. Pokemon and one gamecube game(replace tho.) Which was way in the past,never happen sense. I know how to take care of my games.

You're making one of the worst arguments I've seen
At least I do not force arguments or opinions and move on to the next thing.

Other words if I see that I'm wrong at some point like the accidentally downloading I let it go. When I'm right or do not agree I do not try to insult people as well.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again I never really had this problem. You talking about people who do not take care of their games. I do not have them all in disorder. If you can't take care of your stuff then fine.: But it happens. It's may not even be your fault. Maybe it gets stolen from you. Maybe it just drops out of your hand and gets damaged. Its something that's common and can happen any day.

This has nothing to do with "Piracy syndrome" it still a good feeling having and holding your games. : But it doesn't change your desire or want to buy/beat that game. There's really little difference.

When you trade games you usually trading for another game... : Or you can just buy another game for incredibly cheap and keep your old game with download services.

Never had these problems. Well expect two. Pokemon and one gamecube game(replace tho.) Which was way in the past,never happen sense. I know how to take care of my games.: But accidents happen. I've had, well, exactly the same situation as you (one of my Gamecube games I played so much that it just stopped working and my I dropped my Pokemon Yellow and it doesn't work anymore). Still, there are plenty of people who do face this issue.

At least I do not force arguments or opinions and move on to the next thing.: Except you're absolutely wrong on all fronts and don't know what you're talking about.

Other words if I see that I'm wrong at some point like the accidentally downloading I let it go. When I'm right or do not agree I do not try to insult people as well. But you continue to be wrong on other fronts in this argument. I've since stopped the whole "accidental downloading" part of the argument and I'm continuing it on other front.

Maedhros said:
Personally, any console on this generation is better than the Wii (only first party gives me an incentive to buy it on the future and some gems like Little King's Story and Muramasa)... but that's for another topic.

Small side note, I wouldn't suggest Muramasa, I thought it was really boring. A pretty game but it's more of "Wallpaper: The Game" than a good action game.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
R U SIRIUS? U DON'T KNOW ANYTHING, SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111 [/fanboyrant]

Those are the type of replies I expect to here so inb4 Nintendo fanboys start ranting and complaining:
It is his own opinion and he is entitled to it, he didn't insult Nintendo in any way and even stated that it was his opinion and not fact.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
*reads thread*

rolleyes.gif

And that, children, is why the NGP will have both options available, so you can choose whichever one better suits your individual needs.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Then let me ask you something Guild McCommunist would you be happy with a download only NGP?

Are you planning to buy any physical games?

Considering they'd launch it as a download-only system and it wouldn't suffer the same complaints of the Go (since the main issue with the Go was that you couldn't import your existing UMD based games onto it, but with a system that never had physical media to start, it's not a problem), then yeah, I'd be happy with a download-only NGP. I'm even thinking about getting a PSP Go, pretty much everyone who owns one says they like it a lot.

I'd buy the physical copies of games if there was some sort of bonus to it but downloading is still better.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I only want to have physical games when we have some advantage on the bought. I specially like the special/limited editions, some of them comes with amazing stuff on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta get that government cheese one new laptop a year +1