NGamer review scores

pilotwangs

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's that time of month again,posting scores from the UK magazine NGamer.

Some games may seem old but that may be down to the fact that the UK gets games alot later than US and Japan.

------
Wii
------
Rayman Raving Rabbids:TV party-80%

Wii music-89% 0_o

MySims Kingdom-84%

Shaun White snowboarding:Road trip-84%

Disaster:Day of crisis-73%

Manhunt 2-80%

Crash bandicoot:Mind over mutant-71%

The legend of Spyro:Dawn of the dragon-86%

WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2009-82%

Lost in blue:46%

Cabela's legendary adventures-
frown.gif
(NGamer often do scores like this is they don't like the game,or if there is something terribly wrong with it,but judging from the overview I think it got about 60%-ish)

Spongebob Squarepants featuring Nicktoons:Globs of doom-33%

NBA live 09:All-play-63%

Avatar:The legend of Aang:Into the inferno-65%

Tak and the guardians of gross-71%

Trauma center:New blood-84%
------
DS
------
Kirby Super Star Ultra-68% (WTF?)

Professor Layton and the curious village-86%

The last king of Africa-50%

Colour Cross-70%

Time hollow-70%

Zubo-72%

TrackMania DS-77%

Unsolved crimes-74%

Disgaea DS-83%

Sim city creator-78%

Nanostray 2-79%

Jewel master:63%

Littlest pet shop-62%

Line rider 2-68%

Runaway:The dream of the turtle-50%

Boing! Docomodake DS-80%

Princess debut-75%
------
Wiiware
------
Midnight Bowling-1/5

Potpourri-2/5

Midnight Pool-2/5

Plattchen:Twist'n'paint-2/5

Free gifts:Wii review bible,NES controller shaped storage tin,Professor Layton visitors guide.

Also theres a page with the map to the new GTA game on it,I aint seen it online but it looks rather nice.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
I expected more for Day of Crisis....

Tnx for posting these!
73% is too high for me, I'd say 50%. Its one of those games that is half very good and half very bad & needed a few more months of development time. At times you think that Monolith stopped making it and someone else with lesser skill carried on afterwards, which could actually be the case I think.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hadrian said:
Satangel said:
I expected more for Day of Crisis....

Tnx for posting these!
73% is too high for me, I'd say 50%. Its one of those games that is half very good and half very bad & needed a few more months of development time. At times you think that Monolith stopped making it and someone else with lesser skill carried on afterwards, which could actually be the case I think.
True... It was a SO promising game. It's not really bad... but when you play, you have the feeling that it could have been SO MUCH better...

pilotwangs

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
War said:
I don't think the ratings from this magazine are very trustworthy. :\

QUOTE(RupeeClock @ Nov 1 2008, 07:32 PM) Wii Music gets a 89%, but Kirby only gets a 68%?!

I'm not listening to this magazine.

I know some of the ratings are stupid but NGamer often has guest reviewers,and the idiot who wrote the Kirby review was a guest reviewer(hopefully he wont be in the magazine next issue).

They have this awesome developer diary about a new DS game called ''GO GO Kokopolo'' where Kieth Webb does a little diary of game development,its really interesting.Last issue it was about planning the game (illustrations and stuff) and also a little introduction into it,this month it was about sprites and rules and next month is going to be about gameplay mechanics and touch-screen use.I might scan them in for anyone who's interested about game making.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
And I don't think that WiiMusic deserves a 89, but I also don't think it deserves the 5s it's been getting..
unsure.gif

Well, here's the thing: Does WiiMusic do a good job of accomplishing what it sets out to do? That's what I believe a game/software should be judged upon -- not whether or not a critic happens to like it or not.

Maybe some folks (like 1Up) are better at recognizing that WiiMusic has done a good job of living up to what it was designed to be. Many folks might not like what it is, but if it does it well, why rate it lower simply because it's not fashionable among gamers?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pilotwangs said:
RupeeClock said:
Who was the guest reviewer, out of curiosity?

Some guy called Craig,doesn't list second name.
Ah, someone else then.

There was this guy called Chris Buffa who left two reviews for the game on two sites, both negative and for some reason two different scores.
Metacritic didn't take too kindly to him when I alerted them.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
irpacynot said:
CockroachMan said:
And I don't think that WiiMusic deserves a 89, but I also don't think it deserves the 5s it's been getting..
unsure.gif

Well, here's the thing: Does WiiMusic do a good job of accomplishing what it sets out to do? That's what I believe a game/software should be judged upon -- not whether or not a critic happens to like it or not.

Maybe some folks (like 1Up) are better at recognizing that WiiMusic has done a good job of living up to what it was designed to be. Many folks might not like what it is, but if it does it well, why rate it lower simply because it's not fashionable among gamers?

Well, from what I've played, yep.. it accomplishes what it was supposed to do! But it has it's failures.. the midi samples could be better and it could have a better song selection.. the controls on some instruments could also be better IMO.. I would give it a 7.
smile.gif

But that's really a hard to review game.. it's totally different from everything out there and even Nintendo recognizes that it's not a game.

What I've been seeing out there is that most gamers are using it as a scape goat for their disappointment with Nintendo and seeing that, reviewers are going "Look guys! We gave WiiMusic a bad review! We're totally hardcore like you!"
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: