Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
Narolez said:
mugotu said:
xD we have used wiimc source before and done the same thing with ios58 as our official wiiflow forwarder, but it tended to have odd issues with some people's wiis with priiloader. Anyways your retries on the usb mounting seems to work a little better than the fix I used for that, so kudo's for that.

Anyways I started yesterday adding some forwarder sources to an svn repo and I'll be adding more so that there are alot of different forwarder styles available for different uses, for example, I made a no-splash version from this nforwarder that cuts over 100kb from the resulting dol and loads 2x as fast.. (our testers say the new nForwarder is about 6-7 seconds and without splash is about 3-4 seconds.)
Ive also added the required libs in a different way, as I dont like telling people to change their libogc simply to compile a forwarder. The mForwarder no-splash can be comiled under any libogc without changes now.

Anyways, I've added that and the unfinished one from the wiiflow source that I modified from wiixplorer source. Also I will be adding ones with animated splash like wiiflow has now, and ones that pass ios args like the unfinished official wiiflow one does.

Narolez if you want we can put yours up there and add you to the svn permissions, so you can keep revision history easier. I did call the svn mForwarders atm because of lack of a better name on the svn but ofc that could change, I just wanna keep it pretty general and add a bunch of different styles that work well.

http://code.google.com/p/mforwarders/
Thanks for the hints and your offer to use your SVN. If you give me permission, i will add Nforwarder58 to the mforwarders repository.

Added you as hackinwhite[at]gmail but idk if thats the address you wanna use for that, I dont know what your other one is that you used on wiiflow before.

DR.Hossa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wiihack.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Good Work Narolez
smile.gif
The Forwarders work well and the Speed is Awesome
yaywii.gif

LNick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome! I've had lots of trouble getting forwarders that are USB compatible, and had resorted to hex editing a forwarder dol from a CFG Usb forwarder wad (which I still had trouble getting to work some times).

Now does any body have a good tutorial on creating forwarder isos? Most don't work for me, and I've been trying to replace main.dol's in some purported forwarder isos, but none of them seem to work for me.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
can someone host these new forwarders .dols?
i cant get this to create.
i fail.

like for the emulators and wiimc and whatnot.

LNick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
can someone host these new forwarders .dols?
i cant get this to create.
i fail.

like for the emulators and wiimc and whatnot.

Not to be mean, but did you follow the compile instructions, and read the thread? I had a compile issue and needed to add a flag to the makefile to link in the math libs. The question was asked and answered earlier in the thread (not by me).

Also I have trouble with the custom WiiMC forwarder I made. WiiMC doesn't recognize my USB drive when using my custom forwarder, but is fine from the HBC. I haven't tried the official WiiMC sources yet. Everything else works beautifully!

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes i did follow the instructions man.

Like I said, wouldn't work for me, i dont know if trying it on a netbook makes any difference.

can anyone who can successfully make these forwarders please upload them?

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, good app. But why not add /apps/USBLoader for CFG? That's the folder name used in the latest download of cfg loader. It's just confusing for everybody to have to rename that folder to match what you have chosen.

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could I please get some help?
unsure.gif

Code:
bin2s -a 32 /c/Programme/Wii/nfor/src/source/images/background.png | powerpc-eabi-as -o background.png.o
echo "extern const u8" `(echo background.png | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`"_end[];" > `(echo background.png | tr . _)`.h
echo "extern const u8" `(echo background.png | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`"[];" >> `(echo background.png | tr . _)`.h
echo "extern const u32" `(echo background.png | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`_size";" >> `(echo background.png | tr . _)`.h
linking ... boot.elf
c:/Programme/Wii/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libogc.a(gu.o): In function `ps_guMtxRotAxisRad':
d:/code/devkitpro/libogc/libogc/gu.c:230: undefined reference to `sinf'
d:/code/devkitpro/libogc/libogc/gu.c:231: undefined reference to `cosf'
c:/Programme/Wii/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libntfs.a(gekko_io.o): In function `ntfs_device_gekko_io_readbytes':
gekko_io.c:(.text.ntfs_device_gekko_io_readbytes+0xcc): undefined reference to `floor'
gekko_io.c:(.text.ntfs_device_gekko_io_readbytes+0x134): undefined reference to `ceil'
c:/Programme/Wii/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libntfs.a(gekko_io.o): In function `ntfs_device_gekko_io_writebytes':
gekko_io.c:(.text.ntfs_device_gekko_io_writebytes+0xf0): undefined reference to `floor'
gekko_io.c:(.text.ntfs_device_gekko_io_writebytes+0x160): undefined reference to `ceil'
c:/Programme/Wii/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libpng.a(pngrtran.o): In function `png_build_gamma_table':
pngrtran.c:(.text.png_build_gamma_table+0xf8): undefined reference to `pow'
pngrtran.c:(.text.png_build_gamma_table+0x2d0): undefined reference to `pow'
pngrtran.c:(.text.png_build_gamma_table+0x3ec): undefined reference to `pow'
pngrtran.c:(.text.png_build_gamma_table+0x574): undefined reference to `pow'
pngrtran.c:(.text.png_build_gamma_table+0x668): undefined reference to `pow'
c:/Programme/Wii/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libpng.a(pngrtran.o):pngrtran.c:(.text.png_build_gamma_table+0x734): more undefined references to `pow' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/c/Programme/Wii/nfor/src/boot.elf] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2

What I did was:
1)Download and install devkitProUpdater-1.5.0 then download libogc_R4332_19-09-2010 and copy content to libogc folder, overwrite yes
2) Then in C:\Programme\Wii\devkitPro\msys\etc opened the file fstab and added
Code:
C:/Programme/Wii/devkitPro/devkitPPC /ppc
C:/Programme/Wii/devkitPro/devkitARM /arm
3) Opened file profile and added those 4 lines in between
alias clear=clsb
Code:
export PATH=$PATH:/ppc/bin
export DEVKITPPC=/ppc
export PATH=$PATH:/arm/bin
export DEVKITARM=/arm
and cd "$HOME"

jodur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@sanni,

As already earlier mentioned in this thread, you have to add the mathlibrary to the makefile!!!

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you very much. I got it to work. Now I need to replace the dol inside the channel wad with mine. Preferable without bricking my Wii.
I will use the search function for this. But I promise i will be back when I run into troubles again
tongue.gif

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok I used customize mii to exchange the dol.
Anyone with decent brick protection cares to try the wad? It's for CFG Usbloader.
http://www.zshare.net/download/837000211fff76b8/

I just removed the splash screen and changed search path, nothing else changed.
paths:
/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
/apps/usbloader/boot.dol

I can't install bootmii in boot2, so I'm a little scared to test it myself
frown.gif

jodur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You coud also test your wad with a NandEmu (Sneek for example). You probally won't be able to test the functionallity (Sneek don't work well together with CIOS), but you can test if it banner bricks!

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
I use CFGForwarder58.dol with the latest priiloader 0.6 beta 3 to load CFG loader directly from boot and it works well.

Only problem is, I really dislike that alien splash screen. My wife and kids think it looks evil and it gives the connotation that all this wii hacked software is nefarious in intent. I'd rather a more pleasant splash screen, or none at all. Can anybody point me to such a rebuilt version of CFGForwarder58.dol?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol