Newcomer
Trophies
Website
beyondchristie.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Nexomon-Extinction-Title-Screen.jpg

Back in 2017, the original Nexomon title released to iOS and Android devices. It was met with fairly positive reception, with many calling it a successful, if not somewhat simple, mobile alternative to the monster-gaming giant, Pokemon. October 2019, however, saw a trailer for a PC/console sequel to the mobile game called "Nexomon: Extinction" and I'm starting to finally take interest in it with its release date just two weeks around the corner.

The most appealing aspect to me is the design of the titular Nexomon. Anyone who knows me knows that my favorite Pokemon type is Ghost, and many of the Ghost-type Nexomon are on point. They strike the same strong balance between spooky and cute that made a lot of Ghost Pokemon so great.

folicurse.png

dreddiful.png

heddeca.png

kromicide.png

But many of the other types feature similarly strong designs, with my second favorite being some of the evolutionary lines from the Psychic type.

upload_2020-8-16_21-17-14.png

upload_2020-8-16_21-17-33.png

upload_2020-8-16_21-18-29.png

upload_2020-8-16_21-18-48.png

and my third favorites being Mineral types.

upload_2020-8-16_21-20-52.png

upload_2020-8-16_21-21-3.png

upload_2020-8-16_21-21-23.png

upload_2020-8-16_21-21-37.png

Is anyone else anticipating this game?

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I am old, back on Red/Blue I already was above the target audience for Pokemon. Even so, I got addicted until this day. Even so, after Platinum, no entery in the series really made me amused.

The first Nexomon is somewhat a time capsule, bringing us back to gen 4, and it is amazing for old guys like me. But the game has it's turn downs. The screen is too much zoomed in, and I am not a huge fan of the animations.

Anyway, I am looking forward this next entry, If they are getting inspiration on Platinum or Emerald and not on Sword I think I'll really dive deep on this game. And I hope they copy the most amazing feature that Pokemon have, wich is the ability to take your monsters with you forever on next games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw