Newly bought R4 DS isn't working.

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Waxpoetix, Jun 3, 2011.

Jun 3, 2011
  1. Waxpoetix
    OP

Newcomer Waxpoetix Newbie

United States
    I recently bought an R4 Ultra SDHC /w Kingston 4GB Micro SDHC from R4DS-DS.com When I put in the games into it and put it into my sister's DS Lite, it just showed the main DS screen where you have an option to do Picto Chat. Above that, was a box entitled Durasu with Japanese kanji written on it. I selected that and the screen went into the black screen with loading written on it but nothing ever happened. I formatted the whole DS card and re-loaded Wood R4 to it but it still isn't even loading up to the menu with games. Can anyone please assist me with this issue? I donno whether I should return it or what. The R4 DS came with a 4gig SD if that helps. Thanks and looking forward to some help as I'm not really savvy with all these DS Card stuff as well as some of the other people here. Thanks.

2. Mantis41

Member Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
  3. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    I don't think r4 Ultra supports wood r4 firmware iirc. Go to their website (http://www.r4ultra.com/) and download their AKAIO 1.8.6a firmware, install it, then tell us what happens.

4. Waxpoetix
    OP

Newcomer Waxpoetix Newbie

United States
    Thanks you guys! It works [​IMG] Just like u said with the AKAIO firmware now. Is there any way I can change the skin of it though? Thanks soooo much for all of your help btw!

5. Mantis41

Member Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    click on downloads > top GBATEMP banner.
    click on skins - acekard skins.
    place skin directory in UI folder.
    run up acekard and press START > go to settings and select skin.

Personal favorite skins: thanks to VampireX.
    http://filetrip.net/search2.php?string=xmb+akaio