Hacking Newest xbox360 flash

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys. Gonna get my xbox360 elite re-flashed tommorow to the newest version, but before doing it i have some questions. Now i've been doing some reading and asking around and i get different answers from different sources. What i'm wondering is, the games that have this new xgd3 thingie, if one's able to go online with those games "safely". (putting that in quotation since we all know there's some risk always).
Another thing i've heard is that as long as you have the latest imgburn, you should be able to burn newer games, (that apparently are bigger than most dvds can handle) without any problem. That true?

Anyways i know this might be kinda noobish but all this is kinda new and i'm been reading all different kinds of stuff and i rather get my facts straight before i do anything.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
C4Eva is updating the burning on XGD3 games.

He said that you could use the new method of burning on current LT+ 2.0 flashed drives.

If I where you I should wait with XGD3 games till he released the new burning method.
(atleast to play them online)

neotank19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To add a little more info, the new method is writing 100% of the the iso using custom dvd firmware. the dvd drive is still unknow. The brand name of the drive the firmware is being written for should be released soon (the firmware is in testing). It's a sata drive and retails around $25 or less. You can never be to careful playing backups online, I will be waiting for this method. That said so far all the xdg3 games are reported safe using the current overburn method with imgburn except forza 4.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Forza 4 has the CIV check that checks the last part of the DVD (the part that is truncated with the current overburning method)

For XGD2 games its safe to play online if ABGX gives all green.
For XGD2 games that feature AP2.5/AP25/AP26, just reburn the disc every major dash update (dae.bin will be updated and that is where the AP challanges are stored)
For XGD3 games, you should go with what neotank said imo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.