Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Poland
Freezeflame Fjord eh ?
biggrin.gif

I was thinking of a few levels in this direction... kind of like worl 8... with less platforms and less friction ;D (unless someone uses the penguin suit. Anyway... when the editor gets released and someone makes a few level are there any chances they'll get included in this "newer" collaboration (if they're good enough) ? :]

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want in on this project too! Pretty Pretty Please
biggrin.gif

I got some GREAT ideas for an "outter space" level/world... you would work your way up there through a few levels climbing higher and higher in "mountain levels".

But the outter space thing could almost work better if there was some texture edits. (maybe even 'mimicing' super mario galaxy) But thats gonna depend on the Reggie! editor, and whether or not it would REPLACE old textures, or if you had the ability to create new ones.

I'm soo psyched for this project I can barely contain myself

Vibestar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RainbowIE said:
It seems people either have no opinion on the name or can't quite decide. I don't mind making that decision and going with Newer (with a green color scheme in honor of Yoshi), but again, I don't want to "dictate" the direction of this project. Do you agree that the "+" is more professional (as mikey suggested)? Or is "Newer" more attention-grabbing; funny at first but sensible afterwards ("for the lawls" as Chaos said)? Rizzod's already done a sig for the latter, so, well, speak up now or forever... you know
tongue.gif

When I look to all the Mario titles out there a Mario Bros. production is always followed by the number 2 (with or without a sub title).
I think the best title for this project should be New Super Mario Bros. Wii 2 or New Super Mario Bros. 2 with a sub title like.... uhm that is the question I think.

I think a galaxy world would be great. Remember the moon levels in the Game Boy series. Only thing is we should use a background but that background can't be used for another one.
Going to try some stuff tonight.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Maxoxpower said:
i created a prototype logo too

mario2.jpg

If you'd want to go that way, I'd say:
n2e2bn.jpg

QUOTEI think the best title for this project should be New Super Mario Bros. Wii 2 or New Super Mario Bros. 2 with a sub title like.... uhm that is the question I think.

Had created one for that too.

9zu0pz.jpg

Daviziu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Looks interesting
maybe I´ll help if Reggie! is easy to use
biggrin.gif

I´d like to make crazy levels with many things (rotating blocks, moving coins, etc.)

And maybe I´ll change the Coin-Challenge maps (If they are editable)

Vibestar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
newsupermariobros2ninte.jpg

This was my idea for a title.... Just needs a sub title.

Oh and I forgot to tell you why I don't like the + idea. Nintendo would never use a kind of hacking phrase for a game. Like Zelda 2.1 or Tetris 2a etc etc

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Vibestar said:

This was my idea for a title.... Just needs a sub title.

Oh and I forgot to tell you why I don't like the + idea. Nintendo would never use a kind of hacking phrase for a game. Like Zelda 2.1 or Tetris 2a etc etc
Amazing logo
biggrin.gif
Just if 'Wii' was there.
------------------
wiifitplus.jpg

Says 'Hi'

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't wanna be the one who gets flamed for saying this, but i gotta get it off my chest.

If we (hopefully me too if I'm accepted into this project) make a "new" game... and call is New Super Mario Bro's Wii 2, what do we do in 6 months, or a year, or 5 years even when Nintendo release their game with the EXACT same name.
In my, respectful, opinion, we plan on editing an existing game to make a new version, not a second new game. Therefore wouldn't it be better suited if we give it a name such as New Super Mario Bro's Wii - *EXTENSION NAME HERE*...
for example: "New Super Mario Bro's Wii - Jumpman Edition"
Jumpman being the original name of Mario before he was called Mario.
I know that's not a great example but something along the lines of that.
Even if we go with something like - DELUXE EDITION, but calling it #2, that's just going to confuse the noobs to think that Ninty has released a sequel, and cause some confusion when searching for the game, especially if other groups decide to make a New Super Mario Bro's Wii 2...

P.s. Vibestar, that's effing SICK!

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Fucking awesome, this is why I'm a pirate!
God I love GBAtemp
wub.gif

Another vote for not calling it NSMBW 2.
It should however be something very short, NSMBW+ seems like the best option IMHO.
Deluxe Edition sounds good to, that could be NSMBW DE.

Motherbrainsbrai

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this is a good idea, i wanna be a part of this project, ive already started with concepts on levels

I think Super New Super Matio Bros is a good title. it should be something that is slightly comical

PS i hope you dont mind i added the team logo to my sig.

On topic:

Im thinking about doing a level with a shit load of bomb guys, the whole level would be centered around the ground being blocks like in 9-4, only taken to the next level, it would only be one layer thick so it would get blown up quick. In the level you will have to climb upwards as the bombs constantly blow up the floor beneath you. Of course it will be littered with fire spitting plants as well. im working on the concept and i'll post a pic later!

on another side note: i know rainbow has plans of doing custom music. I also can contribute to this, i have a synthesizer, keyboards and recording set up so i could do completely custom tracks, i wouldnt even have to stick to mario themes. although it should be along those lines

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds great - I am totally in. I personally prefer "The Lost Levels" subtitle, but anything works for me.

BulletBillTime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To be honest, I'm not sure if I should join or not, most likely since I'll be fiddling in Reggie! on my own. However, I can give some ideas, and maybe beta test if you'd like.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
i would help out with this if you need any level design or sound hacks (hell i've already posted a few files for this game 81 some brstm ive already got converted and ive already did world 1 level edits
smile.gif

Vibestar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
newultramariobrosninten.jpg

This is the most professional title I could come up with. This takes it to the next level without being hacky or to happy.

Does some of you are working on the textures in the game? The background images are a bit strange to me.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
skawo96 said:
wiifitplus.jpg

Says 'Hi'
like i said in the first place, New Super Mario Bros Wii Plus seems more pro
wink.gif

here is a few things that i think should be taken into consideration:

MUSIC
the thing about all the music in the game, IMO it should fit to the background scene if you get me? sort of like if you're in an underwater area, a song can be remixed to sound soft and slow or something to give you the underwatery feel that games do lol

it's not just make a remix and slap it in there, because theres a great chance people wont lie the soundtrack!
smile.gif

LEVELS
looking at one of RainbowIE's posts he said how many 1up/ items should there be per level? i personally think that this should depend on the difficulty of the level. for example, if the level is fairly long and difficult, you'll need a few mushrooms dotted around as you dont want so few you die all the time but so many that you cant die.

they should probably be placed just after or on a checkpoint for practicallity.

LOGOS/ BANNERS
any banners should probably have the same fonts, i'm particularly liking vibestar's work, it looks very high quality and professional indeed, as do alot of other screens posted up recently actually lol

vibestar, could you make one that is the same style as this...

but with the word 'WII' placed in the appropriate place with the right shadow effect as the rest? as well as a plus shoved next it just to see how it looks?

it's best to have one made ready for if that is the decided name
wink.gif

and one more thing to you vibestar, the new 'ultra' mario bros to me just doesnt fit, it's like taking down the tradition of 'super' mario how it's been since he was launched all those years ago if ya get me? dont get me wrong though, i love your work, its just that title doesnt suit is all
smile.gif

MAPS
right, maps will be very complicated i think, there is alot of 3D stuff to change if a completely new look is to be gotten. of course we have reggie! but reggie! isnt a texture changer, if it was then this project would instantly become one of the easiest hacking projects ever!

we'll need someone who is very good with texture/ iso hacking to find out how to change map sprites and things. i think that certain aspects of maps will be extremely hard to change, like buildings and stuff because they are not just a simple 2D image like the levels are.

there is a guarantee that someone however will be able to change layer/ sprite colours on levels easily and quickly. things that can be placed around on reggie! like item boxes and parts of the stage will easily be changed IMO

anyway, like i said, just a few suggestions, they dont have to be carried out
smile.gif

also, i might add the signature if allowed? i realise it's an open project but i wanna feel like i proper part of the team
wink.gif

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
i agree with our cross dressing friend about the item placement it should be based via difficulty thats good feedback right there!

in fact the original title New Super Mario Bros Wii has far to MANY power ups to make it as challenging as its predecessors...I dont like it when i can beat a game in a couple of days and more importantly to point out...

THE ORGINAL MARIO 2 in japan AKA LOST LEVELS was a HARD GAME TO BEAT AND THE MOST CHALLENGING OF ALL MARIO TITLES to make a true recreation you certainly cannot go as easy on the end user as the orginal wii title or it wont be all that difficult...

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
mikeyt1998 said:
MAPS
right, maps will be very complicated i think, there is alot of 3D stuff to change if a completely new look is to be gotten. of course we have reggie! but reggie! isnt a texture changer, if it was then this project would instantly become one of the easiest hacking projects ever!

we'll need someone who is very good with texture/ iso hacking to find out how to change map sprites and things. i think that certain aspects of maps will be extremely hard to change, like buildings and stuff because they are not just a simple 2D image like the levels are.

Actually, the overworld is in fact one huge 3D model. It'll be really hard to do -anything- with it...
w1.jpg

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about the sound idea does any know how to time the dance bets for the koppa troops it would be neat if we could get them to dance to our new music

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
vettacossx said:
i agree with our cross dressing friend about the item placement it should be based via difficulty thats good feedback right there!
Thank you vettacossx
wink.gif
long time no speak by the way haha
vettacossx said:
in fact the original title New Super Mario Bros Wii has far to MANY power ups to make it as challenging as its predecessors...
agreed back.
skawo96 said:
QUOTE(mikeyt1998 @ Nov 23 2009, 08:40 PM)
MAPS
i think that certain aspects of maps will be extremely hard to change, like buildings and stuff because they are not just a simple 2D image like the levels are.

Actually, the overworld is in fact one huge 3D model. It'll be really hard to do -anything- with it...
w1.jpg
wow... thats a good image
wink.gif

so the only thing we could do with a map is to change textures of it then? and we definately cant re-arrange anything because it's all 1 peice...? and the actual level portals are just built into it too huh... so it's basically like using a running mario as a pointer on a menu lol

we'd need an actual model editor
frown.gif
aww man, someone needs to leak the original nintendo tools to mess about with everything! haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: