Hacking Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii is out now.

bobross

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have version SMNE01 (USAv1) and patch apply with option #3 (USAv1) and it hangs on ''Hold the Wii Remote sideways'' screen. I tried USA ver2 and got the same thing.

:(
EDIT:

Ok I figured it out. Boy do I feel stupid. The problem was when I extracted the NewerSMBW.zip from the interwebz I didn't realize there were more sub directories before there was the "real"NewerSMBW DIR that needed to be in the root of "NewerISOBuilderPack_v1.011_dmm"

It's working! Thank you for all your efforts!

DrJack6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... uhh... there is said insult, just as you requested... I guess...

On Topic: Glad you are getting it working though :) Does the generated USA Newer ISO work for you?

EDIT: Excellent! That is good to know :) (especially since it did not work in Dolphin for me)

And yes, I do plan to do Another as well, along with a few others, just not right at this moment :P I plan to do those over the next week or so.

It seems I have USA v1 so all I know is that worked! Not a single glitch!
For the others, will you be putting them on this thread? Feel like we should donate lol

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If anyone want to patch another to iso, they can just use jceggbert's old patch. He posted this back when it first came out. Also, these are links that actually work, unlike the ones in the original thread for another on rii.
so that is an old version ? or is it the newest update ?

Krazplay

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Pal v2 do not seem to work, Dolphin crashes when I try to start the game.
I tried to use the patch v1 to see the differences in the main.dol (only 2 bytes are different)
001CEE9B : 78 become 71 when patching v2
001CEEAB : DA become 71 when patching v1

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Eh how do you pick up frozen enemies or certain blocks with Classic Control? :blink:
It works fine using the Wiimote but with CC I just spin without picking anything.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
excellent mod thanx modiers :) it's like playing a hole new game this will hold me over till the new 3d mario comes out for wii u...also thx for the script to turn it into iso worked perfectly...one thing to note...when i tried with .wtbs file it wouldn't work..had to convert my copy to iso then patch then convert it back...figured i would put that out there for anyone that may have a problem with it just booting back to home screen

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have version SMNE01 (USAv1) and patch apply with option #3 (USAv1) and it hangs on ''Hold the Wii Remote sideways'' screen. I tried USA ver2 and got the same thing.

:(
EDIT:

Ok I figured it out. Boy do I feel stupid. The problem was when I extracted the NewerSMBW.zip from the interwebz I didn't realize there were more sub directories before there was the "real"NewerSMBW DIR that needed to be in the root of "NewerISOBuilderPack_v1.011_dmm"

It's working! Thank you for all your efforts!
I had the same issue, and you're probably not going to be the last one this happens to :P
The readme needs to explain this clearly (and the batch file should do more checks too, to ensure it actually fails with an error message if something is wrong)

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it just me or is the option to view map missing....? You use to be able to press A to view the map but it does not seem to be there now in this version....

JasonP27

The Tile God
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
darkumbra.net
XP
Country
No, it's not missing, it was never implemented. If you wish to switch between worlds you may do so via the blue pipes (takes you to World 0/World Select map). Viewing the map was not ever implemented or available for the game, at least in any public/beta release. Zoom and other features were created for development of the game and such iirc but was never, nor intended to be ever, part of the final game.

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
No, it's not missing, it was never implemented. If you wish to switch between worlds you may do so via the blue pipes (takes you to World 0 or World Select map. Viewing the map is not implemented or available for the game.
Thanks for the info... Thought I was going mad... I like the A to view the map / world you are in... Just to see what is up ahead... But hey - no complaints here for this awesome release

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks Damysteryman, Excelciior and Wiim for the scripts. Thank you to the Newer team, just played 3 levels and it looks excellent !
Great to have classic pad support. The mapping isn't perfect as others pointed. To grab, you have to hold B and push X, L trigger for ex. would be more convenient. I'd prefer Y to run too but maybe it's just a matter of taste.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya