Hacking Newbie questions about USB Loader GX

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a Seagate 500gb 7200 external hard drive. I formatted it with NTFS in windows, loaded up the latest USB Loader GX via the Homebrew Channel, formatted the partition and it sees 465 gigs free. I installed Wii Sports via my original disc, and though it said install successful, it didn't appear on the game list. Also, suddenly my space free went down to 200 gigs out of 465.

I clicked ABC on the menu to see if it would pop up, and I got a black screen of death, something about a code dump error.

I tried loading the USB Loader via a channel I installed and hadn't tried out yet, got it from the front page of the USB Loader GX thread here, and I got the same black screen when it first started up.

I went to USB Loader GX via the homebrew channel like I did before, and it doesn't show Wii Sports, and says I have all 465 gigs free like I never installed anything. It didn't prompt me to make a partition so apparently it's still there, but the game isn't there.

I'm curious as to why installing Wii Sports cut my space free in half, then suddenly the game disappeared. Not to mention why I keep getting the black code dump error screen. The compatibility chart shows my hard drive should be fine, nothing special needed to use it.

I'm on 4.0U by the way. Not sure which CIOS I have, it came out a few months ago and all the newer games I've tested work perfectly (Haven't tried Ghostbusters yet and I hear that's problematic with different CIOS versions).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o