Newbie on HWFLY v6 - what i should do after install the modchip?

itajackass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, i'm a newbie about Switch modchip, sorry.
I actually soldered a HWFLY (v6) from Aliexpress on my Switch (not OLED - not LITE). I think it was official store....so i don't think is a clone (?)
All ok, when I power on I see blinking blue led...then green led...and BOOT.DAT screen logo appear (microsd with a "water drop" or middlefinger?)

The screen appear WITHOUT any microsd inserted.

At this point I tried to read different forum but I don't understand some points:
- where I can download the correct "boot.dat"? i've read SX GEAR...is it that correct?
- but i've read that SX GEAR is obsolete, so,... what need to flash into microchip to get a better version?
- need i to flash using microusb provided with the modchip? (then...reopen the console). Any risk of using wrong flash files or so...?

Thanks and sorry for my english

itajackass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
this one

Attachments

• S2a224679e36d4293a3e480361f5a9a23j.jpg
    S2a224679e36d4293a3e480361f5a9a23j.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 62

itajackass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That doesn't help with the question it seem that they gave you some different chip, if you gotten the boot.dat.
Hi, I've wrote that the "boot.dat" screen appear if I DON'T INSERT any microsd. I've not tried to download any boot.dat from internet and put microsd on Switch, yet.

I'm only asking here where can I download correct "boot.dat" (to prevent problem) from internet and then, if is it possible to flash a better (if exist) firmware on this hwfly.

itajackass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Your options are either use SX Gear, or flash the SX Core with Spacecraft-NX.

https://github.com/Spacecraft-NX/firmware
OK thanks. by your experience, what is the best one?
The Switch will be used by a 7yo child... so I need something user-friendly and reduce at zero risk of entering strange menu that can be dangerous for console.
Thnk you

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK thanks. by your experience, what is the best one?
The Switch will be used by a 7yo child... so I need something user-friendly and reduce at zero risk of entering strange menu that can be dangerous for console.
Thnk you

I don't own a SX Core, so I can't really recommend for you but the SX Gears is probably easier if you are afraid that the Spacecraft NX Flashing failed since you are changing the bootloader.

itajackass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i'm not afraid on flashing.
of course if there are step or pre-requisite to pay attention in particular, I need to search in the forum...

otherside, if the only thing i need to do is to plug microchip to PC and "click flash button", no problem for me

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a clone, return it if you still can, or open a dispute.

Whatever you do, DO NOT flash the firmware on the chip. Since it's a clone it's not 100% compatible with official firmware. If you brick it it's done for. I think I saw this exact clone last year when another group tried to bring back TX brand.

Reactions: itajackass

itajackass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's a clone, return it if you still can, or open a dispute.

Whatever you do, DO NOT flash the firmware on the chip. Since it's a clone it's not 100% compatible with official firmware. If you brick it it's done for. I think I saw this exact clone last year when another group tried to bring back TX brand.
Damn! I'll try to open a dispute...meanwhile, can you provide a link (maybe in pvt) where i can buy a original one?
Btw, can i only replace the "board" chip and keep the piece i've soldered near cpu?

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn! I'll try to open a dispute...meanwhile, can you provide a link (maybe in pvt) where i can buy a original one?
Btw, can i only replace the "board" chip and keep the piece i've soldered near cpu?
There are no more original hwfly chips in production, so your best bet right now is instinct nx. iirc they are now selling instinct nx with lite and v2 adapters, so it can be used on v2 without soldering jump wires. Or you can use those rp2040 based ones, it's cheaper than instinct nx but less stable.

As for the cpu ribbon i really don't know. iirc different chips may use different pin layout, there's no standard one so you need to trace every pin yourself or just use the new ribbon comes with instinct chip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo