Need a little direction before Install of chip. Hardware mod newbie.

Hacking

Brandyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just received my chip in the mail. And actual install of the chip doesn’t seem outside my skill with soldering iron, the listing on AliExpress was hwfly rp2040 zero picofly core. Ordered from the hwfly picofly instinct nx v6 chip store. What I’m Inquiring about is should I have to flash it with firmware before install of chip and if so can someone point me in the direction of the correct GitHub, and second can someone point me in the direction of the correct most up to date tutorial of setting up the switch after mod chip install. I have scoured Reddit and this site for hours but there is just so much info on the web I don’t know which to follow. Thanks all in advance for any help offered. Have a v2 switch btw. Thanks much

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    915.7 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: madisonswitch

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may need to flash it. Different chips from different sellers means its hard to predict. The rp2040 firmware is here

If you plug it into your computer and it pops up as a drive, copy the 2.73 uf2 file over to that drive and the drive will disappear and you are good to go, If it doesnt pop up as a drive then it likely already has firmware on it.

• Love
Reactions: madisonswitch

kittybear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a XKJ7000 which is patched would this board work on mine, I too am a noob to switch modding but have done rgh on 360s and drive flashed and cfw on ps3 and wii oh and modbo5 on ps2. so I see the system is so small so may be a challenge to solder but willing to give it a go looks a fun system. Also does off version matter when it comes to these chips, or have I burnt a fuse too far 😆.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a XKJ7000 which is patched would this board work on mine, I too am a noob to switch modding but have done rgh on 360s and drive flashed and cfw on ps3 and wii oh and modbo5 on ps2. so I see the system is so small so may be a challenge to solder but willing to give it a go looks a fun system. Also does off version matter when it comes to these chips, or have I burnt a fuse too far 😆.

You need one of those core chip you either need a Hwfly Core v4/5 or RP2040 Hwfly Core.

Reactions: kittybear

kittybear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need one of those core chip you either need a Hwfly Core v4/5 or RP2040 Hwfly Core.
Been looking price's are from cheap to expensive on Ali xxx ,are the cheap (which look same) fake do you think ? I've seen them on there for £10 but look same as one for £45

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been looking price's are from cheap to expensive on Ali xxx ,are the cheap (which look same) fake do you think ? I've seen them on there for £10 but look same as one for £45

RP2040 cost around 10, and the v4/v5 would cost more since they are out of stock, and no longer in production.

Reactions: kittybear

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto