Hacking newbie here. having issues with hacking 3ds

hellr94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to start over with the home-brew soundhax. I was able to hack my 2ds and everything worked fine. my 3ds I cant get anything to work on it. the soundhax doesnt work now. I know its has something to do with the sd card. The only way I can get it to boot now is to put the 2ds files on the sd card. which it boots fine but none of the steps for the hack work with that card. Is there a way I can start over with a fresh card I know im being a bit vague on the issue because Im not truly sure what step all this went wrong.

D

Deleted User

I requested the post be moved to the proper section, Hacking/Homebrew, more experienced hackers could help you there. It is probably a firmware problem iirc.

Trylk248

Honest helper and custom content creator.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there, i might be able to help you. First of all, what firmware version is your 3DS running? This can be found under Settings apps at the main screen on bottom right of top screen.

hellr94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
11.0.0.28 u. I think i was able to get the card re-formatted not sure though if something is messed up with firmware or not to be able to complete the steps again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i am not getting the soundhax to work. I am looking at my card and there is tons of files from my backup im sure I need to delete stuff just not sure what in order for it to work again.
upload_2017-3-13_13-24-23.png

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have to say, that is one messy SD card. Files are clearly in the wrong locations.
PS it wont boot without the card because on the arm9loaderhax.bin was not copied to NAND.

Unless you didn't get to the a9lh install part. Can we see what files are in the files9 folder please.

Last edited by Natsuru,

hellr94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say, that is one messy SD card. Files are clearly in the wrong locations.
PS it wont boot without the card because on the arm9loaderhax.bin was not copied to NAND.

Unless you didn't get to the a9lh install part. Can we see what files are in the files9 folder please.
my problem is something went wrong when i first tried the hack I took a back copy of a 2ds that I was able to get working no problem and put all the files on my 3ds sd card that was just to get it too boot up. I clearly have the wrong files in the wrong spots. what I want to do is start all over but im not sure what to delete and what to keep in order to make it work. Also is it possible that I made it far enough I dont need to start over again. I am kind of lost on where to start on this.

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok try this:

1. backup all files currently on SD card.

2. Format the SD card

3. Put the contents Homebrew Starterkit on the root of the SD card, link to the starter kit: https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip

4. download the correct otherapp.bin which can be downloaded here: https://smealum.github.io/3ds/#otherapp just select the right version, yours should be OLD 11.0.0-28U, once downloaded rename it to: "otherapp.bin" and put it on the root of your SD card

5. download the correct soundhax file which can be downloaded here: http://soundhax.com/ should be USA and OLD 3DS, then put it on the root of your SD card.

6. insert the SD card into the 3DS and see if it boots

Reactions: Dionicio3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise