Hacking Newb backup DVD Loader Question

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK so i got one of the original wiis. I now have the HBC installed. I want to be able to play backup discs on my wii. I only have a few games so I dont see the need to use a USB loader and have to waste space on a hard drive. Now my question is how.

What do I need to download/install to be able to play my games. PS it would be nice if it could play gamecube games to. And please remember im a complete newb to this so I dont know some (most) of the acronyms out there.

Thanks.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Random11 said:
I only have a few games so I dont see the need to use a USB loader and have to waste space on a hard drive.
Yep, you really are a N00b. But hey, if you're willing to use more (real) space with discs, have the time to burn them, have the money to buy them, don't mind that you reduce the lifespan of your drive, have slower loading speeds, don't want more convinient ways to load and manage your games, then go for Disc-Loading...

Also, it doesn't actually matter that you are a Noob, since there's a handy programm/topic called " ModMii for Windows - Mod ANY Wii w/ Ease (no wi-fi required)" in the Hacking-Section, which makes and answers nearly everything for you. Sooo, next time, why not look a bit better? For the GC-Stuff, have a look here (see the pattern? These topics are stickied for a reason...because they're good!). I personally find that ModMii is a bit lacking in the GC-Deparment, but that's just my opinion.

Oh, and you don't download games. You rip them with an USB-Loader or with CleanRip (google it). Anything other is probably illegal and not tolerated here.

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Blue-K said:
Yep, you really are a N00b. But hey, if you're willing to use more (real) space with discs, have the time to burn them, have the money to buy them, don't mind that you reduce the lifespan of your drive, have slower loading speeds, don't want more convinient ways to load and manage your games, then go for Disc-Loading...

Also, it doesn't actually matter that you are a Noob, since there's a handy programm/topic called " ModMii for Windows - Mod ANY Wii w/ Ease (no wi-fi required)" in the Hacking-Section, which makes and answers nearly everything for you. Sooo, next time, why not look a bit better? For the GC-Stuff, have a look here (see the pattern? These topics are stickied for a reason...because they're good!). I personally find that ModMii is a bit lacking in the GC-Deparment, but that's just my opinion.

Oh, and you don't download games. You rip them with an USB-Loader or with CleanRip (google it). Anything other is probably illegal and not tolerated here.

I only have 7 games so it would be more expensive to buy a harddrive to store the games on then buying 7 cheep dvds. and if i get 7 slim jewl cases that takes up less REAL SPACE then a harddrive and cord. The Loading speeds would be the same if i played on a retail disc so im fine with that. I looked through the stickies and they all have these wired cIOS stuff and different versions and some work with certain cIOS and not others and then there are conflicts if you want to use another loader for GC discs. So that is why I asked for some help with is.

PS. Who said i was going to download any games... the only downloading i was referring to was downloading the loaders. I hope you arnt downloading games because i really dont understand why you said that.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Random11 said:
The Loading speeds would be the same if i played on a retail disc so im fine with that.
That's where you're wrong...
Burned DVD's load on a Wii at 3X compared to a retail disc, which reads at 6X. This is especially noticeable in games that access the disc a lot such as SSBB.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Did you know there is a way to burn multiple Wii games to one single dvd5?

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kylster said:
QUOTE said:
Did you know there is a way to burn multiple Wii games to one single dvd5?
well that might be true
but it doesn't fix any of his complaints

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up