Gaming New Zelda Wii Discussion

awsome8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i just thought that i'd start up a discussion board where everyone can talk about the new zelda game and what they hope that what will be new in it/still stay in the game series.

i hope that epona will still be in it and that ganon will still be the final boss

Mr-Kory

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope it will be a straight out Zelda and references to the older games even if they are subtle like the songs you howl at the statues in Twilight Princess are the ocarina songs from OoT and MM.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No sumo, shooting gallery or any other BS mini games that you are forced to play that are part of the story. keep them as separate games that you can play for a heart or some shit.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just hope they make the graphic style like the Wind Waker, and no realistic graphics or so.
But seeing the teaser poster, it's gonna be realistic
frown.gif

Also:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=181985

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mr-Kory said:
awsome8 said:
Bladexdsl said:
No sumo, shooting gallery or any other BS mini games that you are forced to play that are part of the story. keep them as separate games that you can play for a heart or some shit.
i second that
Third
could i be the fourth? putting such portions like the sumo training; farm work; and other mini games inserted in the story should have been separated.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WM+ and left handed Link

and very important to me:
More Fights!
To get it playable for children as well, there could be some option on game start to make the fights easier

Sir_Shaggy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
WM+ and left handed Link

YES! Lefty link is the only way to play. As far as the story line goes, I believe it'll follow a similar path as the Spirit Tracks game.
Some theories believe the girl in the poster is the spirit of the master sword which you'll have to restore. People talk about the Zelda universe as two split timelines when in the Ocarina of Time, Zelda brought Link back as a kid or left Link as an Adult. I think this timeline will continue off of the timeline after Twilight Princess where there will be a new villain in the form of Ganon.
Maybe the story will restore Hyrule back before the great flood you see in The Wind Waker, twilight princess and spirit tracks. Gametrailers.com does a great breakdown on the Zelda universe to see how all the games fit together -> http://www.gametrailers.com/video/zelda-re...he-legend/15194

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I assume there's going to be option for left and right hand. Twilight Princess was the way it is because it was made in hurry.. Also WM+.. I think I'll have to get that..
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr-Kory said:
awsome8 said:
Bladexdsl said:

i second that

Third

Oh boo-hee-fucking-do, you had to sumo a fat guy. Who gives two shits? You do it TWICE. And it's easy. If you seriously couldn't win in the sumo then there's something wrong with you. And I don't remember the shooting gallery being mandatory (not to mention aiming in TP was insanely easy due to pointer controls and most 3-D Zelda games have a shooting gallery mini game).

For me, no Super Guide. Not because it'll jack down the game for newbies, but because it's a worthless feature. It's only a level skipper option. In NSMB Wii, it didn't do jackshit with helping casual gamers beat a level, it just showed some crazy awesome guy beating the level in a way casual gamers never could, said "Hey, can you do this?" and then said "Oh, well just skip it!" A bullshit feature that does nothing.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Guild McCommunist said:
Oh boo-hee-fucking-do, you had to sumo a fat guy. Who gives two shits? You do it TWICE. And it's easy. If you seriously couldn't win in the sumo then there's something wrong with you. And I don't remember the shooting gallery being mandatory
of course it's easy but it's also annoying we don't want to do any of this shit we want to explore, find secret passages filled with puzzles that win you a heart, do side quests that reward you with secret items TP was void of almost of all this. we don't want to do a sidequests that opens a shop, we don't want to be given a token that calls your horse AFTER we have the ability to warp! we don't want to find heart pieces in the dungeons we want to go out and explore to find them and most importantly we don't want to be told where to go or handed the item that gets us there (zelda 3 had hidden items that you had to find on your own to win) these are the flaws that MUST be overcome in the next zelda.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
LOL at the people that wish for a Wind Waker style Zelda !
I remember when Zelda WW was announced and then released every forum was full of hate( a lot of hate ) and criticism because everybody was expecting a more realistic Zelda, and nobody could go over the cartoonish style.....
Eventually the game came out and proved a lot of people wrong, it was actually a great game.
But I think one is enough, we got the DS games to continue that legacy.
I would say just bring another Zelda in the TP style but this time designed from ground up to take advantage of the Wii capabilities.
I liked Okami too, but I think I prefer Zelda TP looks.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question, but anyone know who that chick on the art is?

Oh, and they should stick with a good balance. They could go for a less cartoony look, yet still have cell-shaded stuff. Like some of the Tales games or what No More Heroes did.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Arm73 said:
LOL at the people that wish for a Wind Waker style Zelda !
I remember when Zelda WW was announced and then released every forum was full of hate( a lot of hate ) and criticism because everybody was expecting a more realistic Zelda, and nobody could go over the cartoonish style.....
Eventually the game came out and proved a lot of people wrong, it was actually a great game.
But I think one is enough, we got the DS games to continue that legacy.
I would say just bring another Zelda in the TP style but this time designed from ground up to take advantage of the Wii capabilities.
I liked Okami too, but I think I prefer Zelda TP looks.

I love the DS look of the Zelda games, so nice and cozy looking.
PH is one of my favorite games of all time, worked so well for me.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
Stupid question, but anyone know who that chick on the art is?

The main speculation is that she's the physical embodiment of the Master Sword, since Link doesn't have his sword in the picture and her body is kinda shaped like the sword itself (think of her head to shoulders as the hilt and use your imagination).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI