New Zelda: Skyward Sword footage

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
Trophies
XP
Country
You all know what Nintendo's like. Their screenshots and trailers look worse than the actual game. OOT 3D is a perfect example of that.
Now could we please stop hating on the art style? If it bothers you that much, just ignore it.

hetoan2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I'd rather that games try out new art styles as much as possible. It gets pretty fucking boring when the same thing is released time and time again. Even if the gameplay is completely different, the art style alone is enough to deter someone just by being reminiscent of another game.

And trust me, the realistic art style has been WAY overdone in the past couple of years.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EZ-Megaman said:
You all know what Nintendo's like. Their screenshots and trailers look worse than the actual game. OOT 3D is a perfect example of that.
Now could we please stop hating on the art style? If it bothers you that much, just ignore it.
inb4 Metal Gear Solid 3DS. Let's not start.

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
TehSkull said:
Idk about you guys, but RPG is what I always wanted from LoZ anyway. The adventure is fun, but a small hint of RPG makes it all the better.

But not overly complex skill builds that have to be perfected like Fallout or anything like that.
This.
I always enjoyed the fact that the player grow stronger as the story progress/do sidequest in zelda. I still miss the magic from LoZ ALTTP.

Annieone23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too awesome is an UNDERSTATEMENT!

I think this will be the greatest Zelda game ever.
(My previous favorites being WW and MM)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
ITT; MY STYLE PREFERENCE IS VALID BECAUSE IT'S MINE AND YOURS IS NOT BECAUSE IT'S NOT MINE AND THAT MUST MEAN YOU PLAY A GAME SERIES I DON'T LIKE AND THAT MAKES YOU LESS OF A PERSON IN MY EYES

*JUDGE JUDGE JUDGE BULLY BULLY BULLY*

I think the character's faces are ugly, but the style of other things is fine with me.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
When was "overly bright" colors have = cheery or kid like?

I didn't understand why a game with color can't have dark atmosphere, moments, or whatever.

That like looking at No More Heroes and saying " Why is this such a cheery game? This game
should be pirated. Oh look, COD must buy!!!!
biggrin.gif
"

Had a better example ,but forgot what it was.

You can clearly see how much work they put into this game.

It pretty awesome with game play alone.

imho It doesn't even look that bright, especially when it shows the in doors quest parts.

Necroreplying but fuck it.

I'm not saying it can't have its dark moments, but it certainly won't have a darker tone. There's a difference. They're clearly engineering this game as bright and cheery. When Nintendo engineer games as bright and cheery they are bright and cheery (Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker, etc). When they're not bright and cheery, they're not (Metroid Prime, Twilight Princess). Only exception I can think of is like Mother 3, but we don't talk about that.

Also, are people just retarded or something? I said I was probably gonna pirate it and not buy it and IN A SEPARATE STATEMENT said I wasn't a fan of the art style. That's why I put a definitive space in between the two statements. Otherwise I would've written "I'm not a fan of the art style, so I'm gonna pirate it, fuck buying."

Nintendo puts work into most of their games that aren't "Wii _____", why are we talking about this? I'm criticizing the art style, even though I said I'd still play it.

It's awesome on gameplay alone? Mind sending me your demo copy? Oh wait, you don't have one.

...And how is that indoors part not bright? There's light seemingly coming out of nowhere. You want an example of something that's not bright?

zelda-twilight-princess-screen-4.jpg

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Style preferences are fine. Especially since in this case, the style will probably be dictating the tone of the game. Sometimes people like different things from you. It happens.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
It's awesome on gameplay alone? Mind sending me your demo copy? Oh wait, you don't have one.
Seem like reasonable areas in the video why some rooms may be fairly lit.

While I respect your opinion. That comment is little off(?).

You clearly see I was basing the gameplay from the videos.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
NahuelDS said:
if it's too bright... just use sunglasses
I hope you aren't serious. I can't tell if it's sarcasm, as it doesn't even make sense either way.

He means that the colors used are too bright and cheerful for a Zelda game. I agree, and I'd have rather seen something like Twilight Princess, or previous Zelda games where there's an even balance of dark and light.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I really like the art style. Yes, its colorful and cartoonish, but its got character. Its not the run-of-the-mill OMGAWESOMEGRAPHICS that look very nice but it just feels like any other game, because many of today's games employ the dark and moody art style and the market is saturated with them. I think its fresh breath of air, really.

My favourite game of all time, Rocket Slime, has a cartoonish artystyle but it really suits the game, and the art style is what makes it instantly recognisable.

And I'm sure everyone agrees gameplay is the most important aspect(I mean even the people most outspoken against the graphics like Guild acknowledge that), so just play the damn game when it comes out. Who knows, maybe the art style will grow on you.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prophet said:
You guys do play games too right? I mean you don't just stare at them, like some portraits in a gallery. I'm all for aesthetic preferences, but to devalue a game to this extent based solely on "TOO BRIGHT" and "UGLY NOSES" seems pretty juvenile. Principally games are for playing, how much is Zelda or Link's nose going to sour your play experience?
rofl2.gif

"Did you see her nose? Fuck it, let that bitch save herself."
*Drops wiimote*

Exactly, and there's nothing wrong with his nose...sheesh, since when do people play games based solely on what the characters nose looks like, seriously.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The tots through Tina quotes are Napoleon. No free drinks and the big brown finger are Greasy...