TehSkull said:
Ugh. The characters look disgusting.
How did we go from this
twilight_princess_link.jpg

to this monstrosity?
zelda-skyward-sword-link-4e6feec07c167.png

Anyone else see the similarities?
michael_jackson.jpg

The only monstrosity we see here is this post! Skyward swords art style and character design runs circles around twilight princes any day, easily!

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You guys do play games too right? I mean you don't just stare at them, like some portraits in a gallery. I'm all for aesthetic preferences, but to devalue a game to this extent based solely on "TOO BRIGHT" and "UGLY NOSES" seems pretty juvenile. Principally games are for playing, how much is Zelda or Link's nose going to sour your play experience?
rofl2.gif

"Did you see her nose? Fuck it, let that bitch save herself."
*Drops wiimote*

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:
I say cut the hair and slap on Twilight Princess and you've got 'im. Oh, and reduce the nose size.

You can say that about any representation of Link. Take the cell shading out, reduce the eye size, and Wind Waker Link is now Ocarina of Time Link.
True, you can, there's not that much differentiation. Except for WW, there's a lot to be done. Reduce the head size, increase the body size, make him taller, make his hair slightly less bright, and then you've got him OoT.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prophet said:
You guys do play games too right? I mean you don't just stare at them, like some portraits in a gallery.

Looking at a game is kinda part of the fucking game.

If the game has an ugly, terrible art style, it's gonna be off putting. It's called being atmospheric, it's something that's essential at this day and age.

QUOTE(Centrix @ Sep 29 2011, 09:44 PM) The only monstrosity we see here is this post! Skyward swords art style and character design runs circles around twilight princes any day, easily!

Twilight Princess was dark and moody. This is spamming sunshine and brightness.

Honestly, I think this "new art style" is basically there so they can fuck trying to do textures since they look pretty ugly on the Wii. Pretty much every Nintendo game that looks good has like no texture and just spams lighting effects nowadays. Twilight Princess looked good but it was a last gen game.

EDIT: All this being said, I'll still play it, I just think the art is bad.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Prophet said:
You guys do play games too right? I mean you don't just stare at them, like some portraits in a gallery. I'm all for aesthetic preferences, but to devalue a game to this extent based solely on "TOO BRIGHT" and "UGLY NOSES" seems pretty juvenile. Principally games are for playing, how much is Zelda or Link's nose going to sour your play experience?
rofl2.gif

"Did you see her nose? Fuck it, let that bitch save herself."
*Drops wiimote*

On this point, couldn't everyone who thinks their copy of Zelda: Skyward Sword is too bright, childish and colorful for their stuffy and snarky selves just turn on the colder color settings on their TV/emulator? I'm sure that'd help a bit.

Ontopic:

OMFG I THINK I PEED A LITTLE OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGO-

TL;DR:

Zelda-Link pairing apparently happened. Cool.
mellow.gif

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spamming sunshine and brightness?
laugh.gif

I have not played deeply into TP so I wouldn't know how to compare it but from Guild's description they're quite different. Now to wait for it to come out and compare the actual gameplay.

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
Twilight Princess was my least favorite Zelda, next to Spirit Tracks.

The art style is....alright.. but I find the character models ugry. Same with TP.

I still cringe whenever I see this...thing.
Malo.png

Anyways back on topic.

Oh man can't bloody wait for this.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
machomuu said:
prowler_ said:
machomuu said:
Personally, I love the new art style, and the new character designs that go with them are great, too.
Obviously you like it, it looks and feels like an anime cartoon.
No, it feels very modern contemporary. It looks much like Zelda II Link with Twilight Princess mixed in.

Don't be a b**ch.
I agree with prowler. Who are you trying to kid? The art style is ugly, the characters are ugly, and the game is more like an anime RPG than an action-adventure game like it should be. And we know how much you love anime and RPGs (Seeing as that's like all you talk about).

again wrong tdwp judging a book by is cover your just mad that they are updating the series with new element

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
Valwin said:
TDWP FTW said:
machomuu said:
prowler_ said:
machomuu said:
Personally, I love the new art style, and the new character designs that go with them are great, too.
No, it feels very modern contemporary. It looks much like Zelda II Link with Twilight Princess mixed in.

Don't be a b**ch.
I agree with prowler. Who are you trying to kid? The art style is ugly, the characters are ugly, and the game is more like an anime RPG than an action-adventure game like it should be. And we know how much you love anime and RPGs (Seeing as that's like all you talk about).

again wrong tdwp judging a book by is cover your just mad that they are updating the series with new elementd but what can it expect of someone who finds lazy games like terraria good

I swear, every time you post I dislike you more and more.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ZaeZae64 said:
I still cringe whenever I see this...thing.
Malo.png
Oh shit, I lol'd so hard.

I prefer Twilight Princesses art style easily, but that doesn't mean I hate this art style, although Zelda looks a little weird, Link doesn't look too bad. I'll still be playing it.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
machomuu said:
prowler_ said:
machomuu said:

Don't be a b**ch.
and the game is more like an RPG than an action-adventure game like it should be.
How? Other than...nothing I can think of, Zelda II is still more of an RPG than this is.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
TDWP FTW said:
machomuu said:
prowler_ said:
machomuu said:

Don't be a b**ch.
and the game is more like an RPG than an action-adventure game like it should be.
How? Other than...nothing I can think of, Zelda II is still more of an RPG than this is.

i think they didnt play Zelda 2 if they did the would know

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this game looks amazing. If I could afford a Wii, and this game, I'd certainly buy it. It's not a title I'd feel comfortable pirating even if I could.

To anyone hating on the art style: Sorry it's not wrapped in grey and brown, holding a gun, and slathered in blood. You obviously don't know what a good art style is and I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself. Go back to Gears 3.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk about you guys, but RPG is what I always wanted from LoZ anyway. The adventure is fun, but a small hint of RPG makes it all the better.

But not overly complex skill builds that have to be perfected like Fallout or anything like that.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Wow, this game looks amazing. If I could afford a Wii, and this game, I'd certainly buy it. It's not a title I'd feel comfortable pirating even if I could.

To anyone hating on the art style: Sorry it's not wrapped in grey and brown, holding a gun, and slathered in blood. You obviously don't know what a good art style is and I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself. Go back to Gears 3.

I haven't seen anyone comparing this to Gears 3 or any other shooter. Plenty of games have pulled off cartoony styles quite well. Plenty of games have pulled off "realism" well. Not many games can get away with meandering in between... I mean, obviously we must be effing retarded to think this is a little less than impressive, right?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:

You ever see some really shit music on Youtube and when someone says "this is awful" the response is always "You don't understand, go listen to your Lamb of God shit music!" This comment is basically one of those. Sorry for liking my games not looking like a unicorn's fart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.