angry.gif
You're still a dick.

felixsrg

Temp's Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Really, I don't understan the hate of the new art style, I really like it, it reflects the name of the game (yes as TWILIGHT Princess did).

I personally prefer the fact Nintendo changes TLoZ art style everytime they feel like it, helps the serie to feel like something totally new.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
machomuu said:
Personally, I love the new art style, and the new character designs that go with them are great, too.
Obviously you like it, it looks and feels like an anime cartoon.
No, it feels very modern contemporary. It looks much like Zelda II Link with Twilight Princess mixed in.

Don't be a b**ch.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
prowler_ said:
machomuu said:
Personally, I love the new art style, and the new character designs that go with them are great, too.
No, it feels very modern contemporary. It looks much like Zelda II Link with Twilight Princess mixed in.

Don't be a b**ch.

Zelda II Link???? WTF? Modern Contemporary?? What does that even mean?

It looks far too cartoony anime-y for my tastes.

Is it just me or is Link "prettier" than Zelda? Is Link in a perpetual "friendzone" or is Zelda his hag? So many things I no longer understand about this series...

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
riposte said:
Is Link in a perpetual "friendzone" or is Zelda his hag? So many things I no longer understand about this series...
I'm gonna go with no, simply because one of the trailers was titled "Romance"

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
riposte said:
machomuu said:
prowler_ said:
machomuu said:

Don't be a b**ch.

You really can't use context clues to tell what I meant? Then here, I'll be more clear. It feels very modern and contemporary at the same time.

Also, I don't see how it looks like anime. More Western Cartoonish if you ask me.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
prowler_ said:
machomuu said:

Don't be a b**ch.
I agree with prowler. Who are you trying to kid? The art style is ugly, the characters are ugly, and the game is more like an anime RPG than an action-adventure game like it should be. And we know how much you love anime and RPGs (Seeing as that's like all you talk about).

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
machomuu said:
prowler_ said:
machomuu said:

Don't be a b**ch.
I agree with prowler. Who are you trying to kid? The art style is ugly, the characters are ugly, and the game is more like an anime RPG than an action-adventure game like it should be. And we know how much you love anime and RPGs (Seeing as that's like all you talk about).
I don't talk about it that much unless it's the subject, and I only mentioned it in one post.

Plus, what's an "Anime RPG"? An RPG that has an anime art style? Well that's not this, from my PoV. I think the art style is ery nice and very reminiscent of Zelda II Link Mixed with Twilight Princess Link.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
machomuu said:
prowler_ said:
machomuu said:

Don't be a b**ch.
Idk bro, I like anime RPG characters, and this is just ugly in comparison. Skyward Sword breaths European styling to me. Just like Broken Sword, which was a good game, but the art was not to my tastes. (Gonna get some hate for that one.)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
I meant to put anime/RPG, but it still fits. Like you know, Persona, which we all know you're obsessed with.
Not for the anime art style, though.

EDIT: While we're at it, the only reason I use this avatar is because Haruhi is a lot like myself and she's a very like-able character. I know it'll be brought up, so I'll just say it not.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
riposte said:
machomuu said:
prowler_ said:
machomuu said:

Don't be a b**ch.

You really can't use context clues to tell what I meant? Then here, I'll be more clear. It feels very modern and contemporary at the same time.

Also, I don't see how it looks like anime. More Western Cartoonish if you ask me.

1.) Zelda II Link was 8-bit... Are you saying this Link is a clunky, pixelated version of TP Link?
2.) The words "Modern" and "Contemporary" kind of cancel each other out don't they? And by the way... You edited your post again from the first time I read it... I forgot I have to give you a 5 minute window before quoting any of your posts...
tongue.gif

3.) I agree, it looks more American Cartoonish than Japanese Cartoonish
wink.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
riposte said:
machomuu said:
riposte said:
machomuu said:
prowler_ said:
machomuu said:

Don't be a b**ch.

1.) Zelda II Link was 8-bit... Are you saying this Link is a clunky, pixelated version of TP Link?
2.) The words "Modern" and "Contemporary" kind of cancel each other out don't they? And by the way... You edited your post again from the first time I read it... I forgot I have to give you a 5 minute window before quoting any of your posts...
tongue.gif

3.) I agree, it looks more American Cartoonish than Japanese Cartoonish
wink.gif
Actually I am judging from the picture of Zelda II Link from the manual, what he's supposed to look like in that game.
manual12.jpg
And I edited it to add another part of your post. I don't feel like putting "EDIT" each time, just like I'm not going to with this part here.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Zelda II didn't have a unique art style. The "manual art" you posted looks nothing like Skyward Sword, just some old representation of link.

It's cartoonish, to say the least.
I say cut the hair and slap on Twilight Princess and you've got 'im. Oh, and reduce the nose size.

But yes, I agree, it is cartoonish.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker