OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://xhavok87.wordpress.com/2008/07/26/x...oard-08-leaked/

QUOTE said:
UPDATE #9

It has finally been done but NOTE, only modded systems at this point are able to do the install. The process is quite easy if you cannot figure it out but will not be released at this time. A fellow member here by the name of xg4m3r has discovered a path for modded consoles to install the update as you can see in the video above. Like I said in update 8 we are still working on this process to see if we can manage anything on retail consoles. We are not releasing anything at this time but more news is to come soon. Enjoy for tonight because tomorrow should be a whole other day! See you soon!

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow that's crazy! Too bad atm you need a modchip installed. I hope they get it to work on any console. Can you be banned for this?

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EvilShenanigans! said:
Wow that's crazy! Too bad atm you need a modchip installed. I hope they get it to work on any console. Can you be banned for this?

I think it would be a very likely possibility that this could get you banned

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Why oh why would you want to install a dashboard in beta? This isn't any old public beta, either, this thing could be buggy as fuck. Personally, I'd wait until the thing is properly released...

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
erm.. the video makes it look like it's completely buggy/fucked... if you pay attention...
I wouldn't install this, especially if there's no option to remove the buggy update.. and worse, it might prevent me from actually installing the real update once it's released ..

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Oh wow!
ohmy.gif

I want my XBOX360 now!
frown.gif

InfinitiProject

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to work only on DevKits at the moment. Plus you'll get a call from microsoft upon installation to verify the MAC of the 360

xbox-scene said:
Leaked 'New Xbox Experience' Installs on Modded 360s?
>> From xhavok87.wordpress.com:
The new "Xbox Experience" Fall Dashboard has been leaked on the web and I had a chance to crack at it.

Update9:
It has finally been done but NOTE, only modded systems at this point are able to do the install. The process is quite easy if you cannot figure it out but will not be released at this time. A fellow member here by the name of xg4m3r has discovered a path for modded consoles to install the update as you can see in the video below. Like I said in update 8 we are still working on this process to see if we can manage anything on retail consoles. We are not releasing anything at this time but more news is to come soon. Enjoy for tonight because tomorrow should be a whole other day! See you soon!
NOTE: Your Xbox 360 NEEDS to have the Infectus 2 Chip in the system for this work. Not just a modded FW hack the chip is required also. Sorry for the confusion!

Some other info:
* Update Works On Dev/Test Units Right Out The Box!
* A Call From M$ During The Update Is Asking For MAC Address from the XBox 360 to validate install.
* Beta Stage 2 Release Begins In Mid August!

ORGANNER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this running on one of my 360's. It's actually not functional you cannot do much with it other then flip through the gui theres allot of functions missing. It will work as long as you have you're 360 flashed with the latest iXetreme (1.4) you won't get banned for it, I've been playing with iXtreme on live for months with burned games. This update will run on dev kits without the need of flashing. But as I said it's crippled and useless. The GUI itself is rather stylish though, reminds of an ipod mixed with a Wii.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's nice to try it a bit, too bad you first need to downgrade your 360 before you can install it
frown.gif

the option to install games to the harddrive is really nice
biggrin.gif

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lenselijer said:
it's nice to try it a bit, too bad you first need to downgrade your 360 before you can install it
frown.gif

the option to install games to the harddrive is really nice
biggrin.gif

Just a matter of time until it gets cracked, so you can just download it directly to your xbox.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: