Hacking New Wii U user (Hacking help)

the_walkingWii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GOT MY HELP THANKS!!!​
Hey everybody! I'm a new user here and new to this hacking thing. Go easy on me okay? lol​
I have a Wii which i JUST hacked a few weeks ago (using Letterbomb) I have Homebrew and Bootmi for it as well.​
For Christmas I got a Wii U and i know you can play Wii games and use the Wii menu on it but i have a question. I warn you it may sound stupid but as i said i'm new to this.​
I'm wondering if i can use the SD card i have that has my Home-brew, Bootmi information on it that i used to hack my Wii on my Wii U. It would be used for the Wii menu (the Wii side of the Wii U). Or do i have to do something completely different? I've read the forum and saw the Wii U hacking is in progress so i don't want to do anything to the Wii U side yet until more comes out.​
I'm holding onto my old Wii just in case I can't, and as a just in case something happens.​

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Yes and no. Yes, you can use the SD, but no, you can't use a lot of the channels and apps and whatnot since the 2 systems are different. A lot of that has the potential to brick, and installing bootmii will outright not work(since we don't have access/does not exist). Check around here for a vWii tutorial.

....also, since you're new, I won't be harsh, but read all the stickied posts/threads, I'm sure this question has been answered before.

EDIT: This is all null and void, OP did indeed read all the stickies. Really glad you did, just edit in the post that you got your help and close thread.

RomansFiveEight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use your SD card but I'd remove incompatible software, apps, wads, etc. In my case, I found it easier just to keep content (like ROMS for emulators); but delete all apps and other software, and re-download the latest versions. A number of apps have WiiU specific versions (or versions that at least run better on the WiiU than their former Wii-only versions). And to be clear, those "Wii U" specific apps still run under the vWii inside the Wii U, but as you've already read; there are differences between the vWii and a "real" Wii.

the_walkingWii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea Fpsrussia117 i made sure i read the stickies so i don't post something that's already been answered.

Thank you and RomansfiveEight for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d0-EuoBjkKI&pp=ygUqd2F0Y2htZW4gaSdtIG5vdCB0cmFwcGVkIGluIGhlcmUgd2l0...