Hacking New Wii U 3.1.0E, Need some advice

vpd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the release of the new exploit I thought I would finally get a Wii U, I got lucky and got the last Splatoon Pack (disc version) that was in the store, and it's on System Menu 3.1.0E!

I'm not sure where to go from here, should I update to 5.3.2?
I hear that the Splatoon (pal) disc I have has the 5.3.2E update on, or should I try get to another system menu version?

Second issue is blocking updates, my useless router won't less me use opendns, blocking/filtering on router itself is next to useless. What is the best alternative method to block the updates?

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update to 5.3.2, some have said it is the easiest for the IOSU exploit. I wouldn't update past that just yet.

vpd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think I will keep my Wii U completely offline and use a wi-fi sd card for self hosting the exploit as described here> https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...-sd-card-no-accidental-system-updates.406279/

I've also had a look but can't seem to find much info, but does anyone have any guides or info for achieving the same as the wi-fi sd card, but using a raspberry pi.

Is there any benefits to stay on a system menu version below 5.3.2?

Update to 5.3.2, some have said it is the easiest for the IOSU exploit. I wouldn't update past that just yet.

Yeah think I will go to 5.3.2, definitely don't plan to go beyond that!

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not referring to this, are you?
EhLqNC3.png

Because 5.3.2 is past it

Reactions: Bug_Checker_

vpd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a new kernel exploit that was leaked yesterday but it is still best to stay on lower firmware.

Yeah that was the main reason I went out and got a Wii U today, but I got really lucky and got one with a lower system menu version.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any more info on this, as I won't update to 5.3.2 if there is anything more to this.
Both smea and hykem developed IOSU exploits for 5.5, so it's not that they're unexploitable. And as we don't have any of them right now, I'm not sure how relevant it is. I would still advise against needlessly updating but it's really up to you

Reactions: Bug_Checker_

vpd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both smea and hykem developed IOSU exploits for 5.5, so it's not that they're unexploitable. And as we don't have any of them right now, I'm not sure how relevant it is. I would still advise against needlessly updating but it's really up to you

I'm not sure if I should update or not now, Loadiine GX2 isn't as compatible with 3.1.0, and the only disc I have to update with is 5.3.2

Last edited by vpd,

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if I should update or not now, Loadiine GX2 isn't compatible with 3.1.0, and the only disc I have to update with is 5.3.2

Almost no one is below 5.3.2 at this point. I don't think any devs are looking at systems lower than this.

Therefore I think you're safe updating. Why would devs be wasting their time on fws no one has access to?

K

KingpinSlim

Almost no one is below 5.3.2 at this point. I don't think any devs are looking at systems lower than this.

Therefore I think you're safe updating. Why would devs be wasting their time on fws no one has access to?

Purchasing Wii U's at firmwares lower than that is actually surprisingly easy and not as much of a challenge as some claim online.

Since the Wii U systems stocked at retailers are not moving as fast as other consoles of this generation there is still a very high likelihood of receiving one that is below 5.x.x.

I got mine a short while ago and it was 4.x.x.

Unless you buy a Wii U that has already been in use and therefor updated you still have a good shot at receiving lower firmwares.

Last edited by ,

vpd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think if I update to 5.3.2 it will be due to compatibility issue's with games in loadiine. I'm not doing anything for now as I'm waiting for a wi-fi sd card I've just ordered to selfhost the exploit, and will keep looking for an easy to follow guide for hosting from a raspberry pi with no internet access in the meantime.

Thanks for that info/link mech.

Last edited by vpd,

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still at 3.1.0U, and staying there for now as all the games I play work with it. As you can see from the link above, there are vulnerabilities, long since patched, that are being kept under wraps and start to trickle out slowly now. Who knows what the 4.0.0 -> 4.0.2 -> 4.0.3 -> 4.1.0 -> 5.0.0 -> 5.1.0 -> 5.1.1 -> 5.1.2 -> 5.2.0 -> 5.3.0 -> 5.3.1 -> 5.3.2 -> 5.4.0 -> 5.5.0 -> 5.5.1 updates patched. As they all had "Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience".

All I need is a userland + Kernel + IOSU and a way to boot into 5.5.1 RedNAND CFW (signature checks patched out, auto-update patched out, etc.)

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==