Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone. I bought my kids a Wii for christmas (I'm sure i'll enjoy it also
smile.gif
)

I updated it to 4.2 and followed the guide on here (Thank you GBATemp! The guide was very easy to follow). Everything is installed and working fine, backed up my games to a hard drive and thats working great.

It is a newer Wii so bootmii is installed as an IOS, and i made a nand backup.

When i tried to install Priiloader it gave an error. I downloaded a newer version of it but havn't tried yet as I have read lots of reports of Priiloader messing up peoples Wii.

Ok so to the point. If i never update anything or install any wads do i need Priiloader ? Can something still brick my Wii at this point if i stop fiddling with it ? (Like an update on a game or something Nintendo can do )

I would actually love Priiloader on there and just boot directly to Homebrew Channel, but am really worried about it killing my Wii.

Oh and one more, do guitars and stuff work fine when using a backup off USB ?

Thanks in Advance, Merry Christmas Everyone, Dan.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Priiloader is just only for like system menu hacks and comodity stuff like direct booting to HBC, but it also can sometimes save your Wii if the brick isn't too serious.

It's nothing like BootMii to boot2, but the new Wiis can't do that.

Priiloader is nice to have, I personally have it and it's great. I won't kill you Wii, but go to the menu hacks and disable all kinds of updates from DVDs or via Nintendo, that stuff that might disable fakesigned content.

And why shouldn't they? It's just like an original game, just by another means...if Wiimote works, and Wifi and all that, why shouldn't guitars work as well?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-