Hacking New Wii 3.3e Should I go this way or That ??

grant666uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi. Just picked up a pre owned Wii today. The thing looks like it has never been out the box. On setting it up it its a version 3.3E.

What should be my next move when it comes to setting it up to use the homebrew channel etc. Should I go with the sticky at the top of the page. (The one that updates you to 4.2 first then hacks the Wii) or is there a better way to go.

Last Wii I own about two years ago I got a chip fitted. I love the idea of running games of a hard drive.

Ay help would be amazing.

Thanks

G

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had (well, have) a WiiKey 1.9s fitted to mine, but my DVD drive went from messing up a little, to messing up alot (and making noises), to straight up dying. I stayed on 3.2U just in case I ever wanted to softmod or do anything else, but in the end that wasn't necessary (because of current tools, bannerbomb for example).

All I did was...
- Upgrade to 4.2U via Nintendo Updater
- Bannerbomb / Install HackMii (BootMii as Boot2 and IOS, Homebrew Channel, and DVDX)
- Made a NAND backup (just in case!)
- Trucha Bug Restorer Mod (Now people generally use Dop-IOS v11 though, I believe)
- Install Waninkoko IOS (249/250)
- Install Hermes IOS (222/223/202)
- Installed Forwarder Channel for WiiFlow
- Copied WiiFlow 1.1 r25 to my SD card

That was basically it. I don't think there was anything else.

I like this guide, by the way:
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ha...de/normal-start

grant666uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks mate. Had a look at that link you sent me. Funny how they kind of tell you the same thing as the sticky guide but in a different order. Updating to 4.1 is about the last thing they tell you to do.

So you think I should just let my wii auto update from its own menu ? When I first setup my wifi it said there was update but I said no to it.

grant666uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks mate. Going to do it at a mate's tomorrow. Turns out I only have a 8 gig micro sc hc card and adapter and from what I have been reading they only work on 4.0 and qbove

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E