Homebrew new user with edge as of now what do u guys think are the best homebre

Shadow10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
as the title states what do u think is the best. i'm new to this and like to get ideas.
i cannot seem to get my ds and my router to act as one so, any online app is no good.

thanks.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is about the 5th "Post the best homebrew apps/games!" topic I've seen in the past week or two. Is it that much effort to look just a couple pages back in this section?

Shadow10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
opps sory, like i said i am new to this and was told to come here and ask for advise. i didn't have much time on my hands at the time, so i'll look around. thanks though.

Jayenkai

Makes Games
Trophies
Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's the lack of decent "Good Homebrew Games" list type sites that causes this.
I had started one, a while back, but then I also started AGameAWeek, and that ended up taking.. .. Well, about as much time as expected, really! So the DSBrew site kinda died on it's arse.
Perhaps we could have a database, with all games in, and review scores.
I'm thinking of something like VC-Reviews' game list, with nicely resortable tables full of info.

Shadow10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it would be cool if ther were listed out with revies and pics, to give the people a better idea on what it is about instead of leaving them in the drak. sure some sites have it but there list is short and old.

Jayenkai

Makes Games
Trophies
Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nah, NDS-Brewed ended up like every other site out there..

It's Blog/Forum centric, meaning it's completely broken.

If a game's new, you'll find it.
If a game's good, it's usually buried under hundreds of newer games.

"Sort : By Score"

Eponasoft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nds-brewed hasn't even been around for that long, it couldn't have "ended up" like anything. And gbatemp is forum-centered too, does that mean it's broken too?

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well you see, we have this thing called the Essentials List for people to give their own votes on homebrew apps/games that they like. Sure it hasn't been updated in a good while but that doesn't stop anyone from posting their recommendations anyway. Either way I'll see if I can get things updated again.

As far as your score idea goes, it just isn't feasible. I don't see anyone being willing to play through each and every homebrew app/game out there without having no life or getting paid in the process (which isn't going to happen) - and based on the lack of user reviews on the site this proves my case. In regards to user votes that's what the essentials threads are for. If we allowed anyone to rate a game (as we've tried in the past with the nds/gba/wii release) we'd probably get a messy "top 10" list as was the outcome here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-