Smartpal

The Guitar Guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Wow, real quick release. I hope Shiiza updates his mod.
biggrin.gif

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiNinja said:
QUOTE said:
The bug of space free is not resolve Why ?
or in changelog is says is fixed space free bug

Waninkoko has acknowledged this bug. Credit to AllWiiup for finding this bug. I bet this issue will be resolved in USB Loader v1.4.

I've also confirmed this bug by fixing the wbfs.exe tool (the source is from Sorg v1.0). I've been deleting and adding ISOs to a 8GB USB drive, and all the games are working fine. If there's interest, I'll upload the executable. However, it's such a small change that I suspect Sorg will release an "official" version soon.
If you upload it I will try it on my 500 GB drive. I hope I would not have to reload everything again....that would take me some time. But hey I would take one for the team....

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bula said:
Do you guys have any problems with covers showing up? ex (Mario Kart RMCE01.png, High school musical sing it RMCP01.png) I know these covers are OK, I can see them with a cover version of 1.1 version loader.
Are you sure you have the covers in the right folder, because I don't have any issues with the covers.

wiiNinja said:
QUOTEThe bug of space free is not resolve Why ?
or in changelog is says is fixed space free bug

Waninkoko has acknowledged this bug. Credit to AllWiiup for finding this bug. I bet this issue will be resolved in USB Loader v1.4.

I've also confirmed this bug by fixing the wbfs.exe tool (the source is from Sorg v1.0). I've been deleting and adding ISOs to a 8GB USB drive, and all the games are working fine. If there's interest, I'll upload the executable. However, it's such a small change that I suspect Sorg will release an "official" version soon.
I thought that bug was only apparent in the USB Loader and not in the wbfs tools for linux and windows. It might be good idea to release the updated wbfs tool, it could help people.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
biggrin.gif

Man, I guess we're not allowed to go to sleep or go away from the PC.....
Too many things happen then ^^

I guess I won't touch the 1.3 source, since it still has bugs.
hungip fixed the ultimate 1.1 version in V3. And it's working perfectly.
It doesn't have the SD Loader, but who wants it anyway...

jackic

Trophies
XP
Country
wiiNinja said:

It'd be very nice of you to do so, with this new executable, would it be necessary to re-format the drive?

Thank you very much.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did anybody test on of the IOS Version patching games(SSX, Red Steel, Metroid Prime 1 ...) patched to IOS249 and running from sd card? When handling regular filesystems the access to the sd card is much more stable than the access to the usb storage. (Really don't forget the patching to IOS249!)

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Lafie said:
Just to summarize for anyone reading this topic. These bugs are apparent in USB Loader 1.3 with cIOS rev 10:
  • Time Bug (incorrect time shown in games) Reports suggest that creating a new save game fixes this bug.
  • Misc USB Devices (using WiiSpeak or other USB Devices with the USB Loader doesn't work)
  • Old IOS Games (Games that previously required patching the IOS to 249 don't work, even with patching)
  • Free Space Bug (Free Space on WBFS partition is not shown correctly in the USB Loader)
  • Corrupt Games (after deleting a game and dumping another game through USB Loader, some other game can become corrupt)
  • Games Require Disc (some Games require a random disc to be in the Wii for them to run properly)
  • Dump to 1TB partition (You can't dump a game through USB Loader when you're WBFS partition is larger than 512MB)
  • Shutdown (Exit with a Code Dump)
  • Shows the wrong Size of Games
  • If you have a too big Cover for a game, App don't exit with a Code-Dump, but you can't scroll over the game entry. You can go up, or scroll to the End of the List, but you can't go to the next game.
Added my findings (the bold ones)...should be now all bugs...just that Wanin knows what still makes problems
smile.gif

Anarchia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Blue-K said:
Lafie said:
Just to summarize for anyone reading this topic. These bugs are apparent in USB Loader 1.3 with cIOS rev 10:
  • Time Bug (incorrect time shown in games) Reports suggest that creating a new save game fixes this bug.
  • Misc USB Devices (using WiiSpeak or other USB Devices with the USB Loader doesn't work)
  • Old IOS Games (Games that previously required patching the IOS to 249 don't work, even with patching)
  • Free Space Bug (Free Space on WBFS partition is not shown correctly in the USB Loader)
  • Corrupt Games (after deleting a game and dumping another game through USB Loader, some other game can become corrupt)
  • Games Require Disc (some Games require a random disc to be in the Wii for them to run properly)
  • Dump to 1TB partition (You can't dump a game through USB Loader when you're WBFS partition is larger than 512MB)
  • Shows the wrong Size of Games
  • If you have a too big Cover, App don't exit with a Code-Dump, but you can't scroll over it. You can go up, or scroll to the End of the List, but you can't jump to the next entry
Added my findings (the bold ones)...should be now all bugs...just that Wanin knows what still makes problems
smile.gif

How many bugs will wanin fix in cIOS rev 10?

wiico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cypherdias said:
Some of the bugs of USBLoader 1.0 were already fixed in 1.1 and are now reappearing.
wacko.gif
Nice job to add SD loading support and covers. But I don't need the SD thing (for what, as USB support is much better in practice?), and there are already much better USB loaders out there with cover support as well as many other features this official release misses, for example the fantastic "Configurable USB Loader" project. So I don't see any point why to change currently.

Anyway, I hope the other loaders are switching their code base to the new version, as new features are always good (even if I don't need them currently). I just don't want to miss the other features we already got by all of the great "3rd party developers".

Configurable USB Loader" project ----> URL plz!!
rolleyes.gif

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blue-K said:
smile.gif
^^ I don't have that issue, If I use the power button on the wiimote or the power button on the Wii, it just shuts down. Clicking the Home button also doesn't result in a Code Dump. Since shutdown might have something to do with the difference between standby with WiiConnect24 or real shutdown, it might be useful to add that I have WiiConnect24 disabled.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wiico said:
Cypherdias said:
Some of the bugs of USBLoader 1.0 were already fixed in 1.1 and are now reappearing.
wacko.gif
Nice job to add SD loading support and covers. But I don't need the SD thing (for what, as USB support is much better in practice?), and there are already much better USB loaders out there with cover support as well as many other features this official release misses, for example the fantastic "Configurable USB Loader" project. So I don't see any point why to change currently.

Anyway, I hope the other loaders are switching their code base to the new version, as new features are always good (even if I don't need them currently). I just don't want to miss the other features we already got by all of the great "3rd party developers".

Configurable USB Loader" project ----> URL plz!!
rolleyes.gif
use the search button! it's right here in the hacking forum..

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Lafie said:
Blue-K said:
smile.gif
^^ I don't have that issue, If I use the power button on the wiimote or the power button on the Wii, it just shuts down. Clicking the Home button also doesn't result in a Code Dump.
Gives me a Code Dump via WiiMote and WiiButton...strange...return to loader works...

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jackic said:
wiiNinja said:

It'd be very nice of you to do so, with this new executable, would it be necessary to re-format the drive?

Thank you very much.

No u have not to re-format. The bug is in how Files are getting deletet from an wbfs partition.
At the moment a block too much is deleted.

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

Here's the executable: http://www.mediafire.com/?vvtmcmlyh32

You do not have to re-format. This can be used as standalone, or any GUI that uses Sorg's command line util.
As mentioned, the change is so minimal (I added "-1" to one line of code), that it's not worth uploading. The change is pointed out in the "Readme.txt" file.

jimshabadoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if this release addressed the "additional USB controller" issue? In other words, can I now use a microphone in RB2 while using the USB loader?

wiico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manias said:
use the search button! it's right here in the hacking forum..

Geee... thanks for the great idea. Never thought of that one myself... Might work on other sites too, I gues... thanks you made my day !!
dry.gif

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wiiNinja said:
QUOTE said:

Here's the executable: http://www.mediafire.com/?vvtmcmlyh32

You do not have to re-format. This can be used as standalone, or any GUI that uses Sorg's command line util.
As mentioned, the change is so minimal (I added "-1" to one line of code), that it's not worth uploading. The change is pointed out in the "Readme.txt" file.

You are awesome.
bow.gif

Thank you very much.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
[*]Time Bug (incorrect time shown in games) Reports suggest that creating a new save game fixes this bug.
Haven't notest this

[*]Misc USB Devices (using WiiSpeak or other USB Devices with the USB Loader doesn't work)
Don't have any other USB devices, beside my wiimotes charger and USB keyboard and they work just fine
biggrin.gif

[*]Old IOS Games (Games that previously required patching the IOS to 249 don't work, even with patching)
Haven't test that cause I don't have any game that requieres this fix

[*]Free Space Bug (Free Space on WBFS partition is not shown correctly in the USB Loader)
What about using a wbfs.exe tool in the PC...?? that works OK

[*]Corrupt Games (after deleting a game and dumping another game through USB Loader, some other game can become corrupt)
Again....there is some really good wbfs tools for PC that doesn't have this problem, but I guess some tempers don't have a PC to do this (even if they can acces to internet to post at this forums)

[*]Games Require Disc (some Games require a random disc to be in the Wii for them to run properly)
And this is a problem because...?? I can think on about 60 spare discs that I wont be using anymore, but I guess that some tempers don't have ANY spare disc to insert in their Wii (poor them)

[*]Dump to 1TB partition (You can't dump a game through USB Loader when you're WBFS partition is larger than 512MB)
Again....PC tools......seriously they work great and some have an excellent GUI like WBFS Manager 3.0

[*]Shutdown (Exit with a Code Dump)
Now this one is just made up, or this fella has a corrupt "file/SD"

[*]Shows the wrong Size of Games
And this is needed cause...?? Seriously PC tool.....and I remember seen tools for MAC and Linux too, but if you don't have acces to any of those then you are really lost, the strange thing is: HOW DO YOU ACCESS TO GBATemp.net..??

[*]If you have a too big Cover for a game
Well I have a PC with XP as OS and it has an amazing tool called PAINT, it can open .png .jpg etc. etc . etc. and also can edit this kind of files, so I can never ever ever ever have this problem cause I do can edit my covers to the required size (poor people who can't edit their images, I feel sorry for them
sad.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-