Abkarino

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
suchatd said:
I also has drivekey installed but it's cant boot other region than US
Do you on 4.2U with #003?

yes i'm did you set it to be a region free mod using its configuration menu and gamecube game?
wink.gif

Dbgtgoten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FOUND!

I've managed to find another work around, tho its not through a retail game but rather a wiiware game that'll allow you to hit the data management screen via a workaround and without filling your nand!

Only Requirement is having it installed till i find another game for the workaround!

Check First Page!

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your new method wont work for bannerbricks, as if the wii is bannerbricked, it cannot run a channel. also, if you have a semi-brick (i.e. cannot open system settings), i'd say your new method will still fail as it will just load the system menu direct to settings, i.e. it'll try to load it the same way as system menu, so it will fail. So I cannot see the use of your new method. Sorry.

Dbgtgoten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
Your new method wont work for bannerbricks, as if the wii is bannerbricked, it cannot run a channel. also, if you have a semi-brick (i.e. cannot open system settings), i'd say your new method will still fail as it will just load the system menu direct to settings, i.e. it'll try to load it the same way as system menu, so it will fail. So I cannot see the use of your new method. Sorry.

True from what you can tell but it leaves an opening i am looking for that workaround in a retail game so i will keep my eyes open but yea you are right

Thanks for replying tho feedback is nice ^^ >:D anyways i will try to find this workaround in a retail disc. Must help those people from filling thier nands up >_

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you have/can get an Infectus, you could make a NAND dump, then use ShowMiiWads to delete the offending channel from the NAND dump, then restore it. I know this requires hardware and stuff, but it was just something I thought of earlier.

EDIT: This could also be used to install WADs (of legal custom channels, I am against piracy) to fill up NAND, but that'd be kinda pointless, as you can fix it as detailed above.

You could also do this to fix a load of other types of bricks, by extracting a System Menu or IOS WAD to the NAND dump and reflashing it. Would also work if you have a bricked Wii with BootMii and dont have a working NAND dump, just make a dump of your bricked wii and try to fix it with ShowMiiWads, then restore the NAND dump.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why is it that it isnt possible to get the keys with an Infectus? By my understanding, it can dump all files on the NAND, and afaik, your keys are on the NAND. Why can't an Infectus be used to dump the keys?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Without the key you can't decrypt the nand dump, sure you can access certain places unencrypted such as boot2 and maybe more sensitive places but the chances of modifying those places is really small... (for example boot2 is protected by it's hash stored in otp)

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
@DeadlyFoez : Yep you are right about the hash of boot2/boot1..

DeadlyFoez said:
SifJar said:
Yes but why cant an Infectus get the keys and BootMii can? Does BootMii use some special exploit to dump the keys or something?

Yeah, the keys are stored in the nand, but in the encrypted area of the nand. You have to unencrypt it with the keys first before you can get them. And I'm not even sure if all the keys are stored on the nand.

Bootmii has a special way of getting the keys. They poke a certain address.

Keys are stored in otp in the cpu, bootmii can access the keys because it runs on the wii (especially because it runs on the arm core and can access places which only ios or similar stuff has access to)

where as, with infectus you only have access to nand...

rokawa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well im happy to say that i can confirm that this workaround method really does work i filled up my nand with huge saves and when i put in drawn to life it ask me to make some room for the save and then brought me to data management and from there i just deleted the bad wad and when i booted my wii it was fixed.
ps: i have no idea how to do these post things its just that i am so happy i fixed my wii i felt like sharing

Dbgtgoten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rokawa said:
well im happy to say that i can confirm that this workaround method really does work i filled up my nand with huge saves and when i put in drawn to life it ask me to make some room for the save and then brought me to data management and from there i just deleted the bad wad and when i booted my wii it was fixed.
ps: i have no idea how to do these post things its just that i am so happy i fixed my wii i felt like sharing

Glad to hear someone is happy from this workaround =)

ryan_amer

Trophies
XP
Country
rokawa said:

Is it bannerbrick from error 003?

rokawa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ryan_amer said:
rokawa said:

Is it bannerbrick from error 003?
no sorry it was just a bad wad

othelpa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys
I have a LKM (Korean) wii modofied to EUR.
There was a sudden update to 4.2, (my son accepted update from NUS message)
Before there was 4.1 Waninkoko, Starfall and DVDx (no bootmii as boot2, no Preloader)
Naturally, :-) it become 003 bricked.
Now I am trying to use the above method. I use SSBB Pal for info about rest of memory, I made saves of many games and I had Rabbids, Mario Kart, wii fit and wii fit plus channels installed before 4.2 update, SSBB shows 108 blocks even if I played Sims Agents Sims Kingdom, NFS Nitro.

Something strange impressions about Rabbids Go Home, it's the only game I saw installing its channel using something alike Nintys Update Application, maybe i'm wrong but if that is a real one, that could help, maybe by editing the wad installed by it to one needed to unbrick our little consoles.

benfleet1

Trophies
XP
Country
I have loaded lots of games and only seen my memory blocks reduce from 110 and now seems stuck on 108 for the last 2 days. Not sure I can do anything to get the blocks down anymore.

Interesting when I loaded Wii FIT it allowed me to say the time and date was incorrect and took me to the Wii setttings screen. I could set my wii to my internet connection and change a load of things. However when I clicked on data management channel the will immediately took me back to the game and reset.

Us there any quick way to fill up the NAND and reduce the blocks. Do i have to play games as far as I can to create large save?

help

benfleet1

Trophies
XP
Country
When starting Wii Fit and setting a profile or Mii it asks you to confirm if the date and time are correct. Click that it is not correct and it will take you to the Wii settings screen. I could go anywhere from date and time and to the right but when I went left and clicked on data management it reset back to wii fit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay