Hacking New TX SX Information: New FAQs and Homebrew Support Confirmed for Launch

chalupabatman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you do the exfat update?
Insert the card and start up the switch normally, it will tell you that an exfat card has been inserted and a system update is needed to use it.

& @Draxzelex
I inserted the SD Card and booted normal, as soon as I press the same button 3 times, the screen flashes and goes to the black screen showing the error.

I am not being prompted to get an update?

Last edited by chalupabatman,

chalupabatman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a certain program to use to format the sd card? Or on a windows machine, is simply right clicking the SD Card, choosing exFAT and selecting quick format, then start sufficient?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a certain program to use to format the sd card? Or on a windows machine, is simply right clicking the SD Card, choosing exFAT and selecting quick format, then start sufficient?
Windows is good enough, but if you want a recommendation, I have seen other people use Rufus. Also, weird how the system didn't prompt you for the exFAT update. Nintendo themselves say its supported.

chalupabatman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows is good enough, but if you want a recommendation, I have seen other people use Rufus. Also, weird how the system didn't prompt you for the exFAT update. Nintendo themselves say its supported.

I have used RUFUS to create bootable flash drives, but never to format an sd card, interesting. I will have to check that out to expand my knowledge :)

I am going to allow the Switch itself to format the SD Card, then copy over ONE xci file and test, to see if that works. I'll post my results in a few hours when I have a chance to test.

Reactions: Draxzelex

chalupabatman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used RUFUS to create bootable flash drives, but never to format an sd card, interesting. I will have to check that out to expand my knowledge :)

I am going to allow the Switch itself to format the SD Card, then copy over ONE xci file and test, to see if that works. I'll post my results in a few hours when I have a chance to test.

@Draxzelex

I put the SD Card into the Switch and allowed the switch to format it. I then plugged it into my computer and copied over the files and ONE xci file. Below is an image the contents of my SD Card, however whenever I attempt to boot by pressing vol up and power button I get the red guy (who looks like a minecraft character) with a message below that says boot.dat?

EDIT ->
and just for kicks and giggles I wanted to verify that my boot.dat was not corrupt somehow, so I downloaded a new .zip file from https://sx.xecuter.com/ copied the .zip to my sd card, and extracted the boot.dat onto the sd card, and still got the same error.

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 175
Last edited by chalupabatman,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex

I put the SD Card into the Switch and allowed the switch to format it. I then plugged it into my computer and copied over the files and ONE xci file. Below is an image the contents of my SD Card, however whenever I attempt to boot by pressing vol up and power button I get the red guy (who looks like a minecraft character) with a message below that says boot.dat?
Seems like a bad format (or potentially a bad SD card but that's after exhausting all other possibilities). Someone else seems to have suffered the same problem as you but formatted using the computer first and fixed it by formatting within the Switch which you can find here. It might be worth now trying to format it in your computer either with Windows or a separate program.

chalupabatman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like a bad format (or potentially a bad SD card but that's after exhausting all other possibilities). Someone else seems to have suffered the same problem as you but formatted using the computer first and fixed it by formatting within the Switch which you can find here. It might be worth now trying to format it in your computer either with Windows or a separate program.

This is the card I am attempting to use....bad choice on my part?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078LW9TMX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

chalupabatman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very bad choice Sandisk or samsung - genuine.

Interesting - I have never had trouble with these before. I'll order a good Sandisk one :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

bahjahahahahahahah did you REALLY think you would get a 256gb card for 15 bucks? That usually nets you 32gb at most. That thing is a freaking piece of fake crap and that's also your reason that nothing works with it.

I run a 128 GB of the exact same thing and have had no problem with it for YEARS. It is still running to this day. In my opinion, hardware is bulk made and sometimes you a get a bad press or a bad connection on the interiors.

chalupabatman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FML - I am doomed to fail on this! LOL - I am now getting an error of -
The game card could not be read.
Please remove and reinsert it.

If this message appears repeatedly, please check the following page on your smart device or PC.
support.nintendo.com/switch/gamecarderror

I am now using a 64 GB SanDisk ULTRA SDXC that worked perfect yesterday. Formatted as exFAT.

What is causing this ailment!?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves