Hacking New to PSP and the modding scene

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So, I bought my first PSP. I should have the TQ model, PSP3004 XZG. So how would one go about on modding this particular model? I've heard about these '' pandora batteries ''.. do I have to buy one of those? If not, do I need to buy something else to mod it? Are there risks on modding, like do bricks happen often, can they be fixed and so on? Like for Wii, you can copy the nand memory and restore it if shit happens. Guide me through the modding process, or link me to an idiot proof manual so that I will not fuck something up on accident.

As for installing homebrew onto the PSP itself, and playing games, how does that work? Does the PSP have an internal memory or do I need (can I use?) a memory card? I've yet to even start the PSP up and I know absolutely nothing about PSP's. I don't have it with me right now so I can't read the manual either. By using homebrew, will it allow be to play games no matter what region they are from? I'm interested in a lot of JRPG's, the undub ones, but I recall the box behind PSP saying it would only play games with region '' 2 '' or '' all '', so by default, it would not play games from USA. (I live in Europe).

As a side note, any recommendations for games I should play? Pretty much anything goes, I suppose.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
That guide doesn't directly answer but I assume the PSP will also play games from other regions if you use homebrew to launch them?

Since I don't have the PSP with me, now I'm scared if I have the newest firmware so I can only use that Half-byte thing :/. Though, at least with Wii's, they never come with the newest firmware so I hope this one doesn't either and would only have the newest one if I went and updated it.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Distrance said:
That guide doesn't directly answer but I assume the PSP will also play games from other regions if you use homebrew to launch them?

Since I don't have the PSP with me, now I'm scared if I have the newest firmware so I can only use that Half-byte thing :/. Though, at least with Wii's, they never come with the newest firmware so I hope this one doesn't either and would only have the newest one if I went and updated it.
Just update it from an offline updater. Then run the PRO-B6 installer. Then just use quick recovery.

The PSP is region free, so no need to worry about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30