Hacking New to Ps3 hacking

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to pick up another ps3 for a decent price today. I looked at the list and it was on there so I figured it was a good deal. The guy told me it was a Cech-2001a. when I picked it up he said he upgraded it to a 320gb. My question is would that effect anything or can I still jailbreak it?
Don't affect anything.

WEbNomad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so I was messing around trying to get this ps3 hacked but I ran into some issues. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, I downloaded the zip file and I placed the flsh.hex file in the usb drive. when I try to use the exploit site redthetrainer it either freezes or it restarts the ps3 then I get a corrupted file report and it restores the ps3. I don't know if in doing the usb part wrong or what's up. Has anyone ran into this and what all did you do to get it to work?

WEbNomad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I will look into how to do recovery mode after work. I kept trying last night and it never worked. I’m not sure if I’m loading the zip file rite the directions aren’t too specific on that part.

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I will look into how to do recovery mode after work. I kept trying last night and it never worked. I’m not sure if I’m loading the zip file rite the directions aren’t too specific on that part.

Press and hold power button it will beep. Then few seconds later beep again and turn off. Press and hold the power button again it will beep, then double beep. Let go. Now you’re in recovery

WEbNomad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had a crazy day at work today but I was finally able to get home and try this again. I was able to get the flsh.hex file onto the usb and I ran the exploit. the ps3 did shut down this time but when I turn it back on it doesn't seem like anything has happened. I've never done this before so I don't know what's supposed to happen I thought the menu would be different or something.

WEbNomad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I guess I was doing it rite the whole time but because I didn't realize there wouldn't be any noticeable changes after running the exploit I wasted a lot of time doing it over and over. I have never done this before so I did not realize I had to now download the ferrox 4.82 update. So I finally was able to get the update to download but now I need some help figuring out what I can do with it. I was told you can play any game and stuff like that but I don't know what all needs to be done. After the update the only new thing I see is 2 new folders in the game section one says apphome/ps3_game and package manager.the app one says error if I open it and the other opens up a install or delete package option. Any help or explanation of what I can do now would be greatly appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt