Hacking New to Ps3 hacking

WEbNomad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking to hack my ps3 slim. I’ve had it for years and recently have looked into hacking it. There’s so much info out there it’s hard to determine what’s the best way to go about doing it. I have been told to buy a cobra but I don’t know much about it. I want to be able to play games online like GTA. Is there anyone with more knowledge that can recommend the best way to hack a ps3 and what all parts I need to buy.

WEbNomad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I was able to get away from work and checked my ps3 serial number- cf41575931-Cech-3001a. I am currently on 4.82 but need some help trying to figure out if it was once 3.55. How can I find this information out?

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I was able to get away from work and checked my ps3 serial number- cf41575931-Cech-3001a. I am currently on 4.82 but need some help trying to figure out if it was once 3.55. How can I find this information out?

At the moment there is nothing you can do with that model.

Reactions: th3joker

WEbNomad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I will have to find one that I can mod. I’m just wondering if at this point it would be best to hack a ps4 rather than buy another old gaming system. That’s if it’s even possible to hack those yet. Thanks for all the help from you guys.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What about cech 25xx slims?
that falls under 2xxx....dont try it on 3xxx/4xxx you wil brick them (as far as i know)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but ask someone else because i cant guarantee it for 25xx

there are some 25xx that wont work

Reactions: jDSX

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes the 3.55+ ones dont work

you can look wich fw your console was shipped with..google it i dont know source

WEbNomad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m looking into picking up a ps4 now. My real concern is how do I find one that can be hacked and is it worth hacking the ps4 over the ps3?

WEbNomad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to pick up another ps3 for a decent price today. I looked at the list and it was on there so I figured it was a good deal. The guy told me it was a Cech-2001a. when I picked it up he said he upgraded it to a 320gb. My question is would that effect anything or can I still jailbreak it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work