Hacking New to PS3 CFW

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

As the title says I'm new to the PS3 CFW scene and was wondering which CFW to choose when downgrading my PS3.

I've read good things about Rogero Cobra 4.46 which is my number 1 choice for CFW ATM but Habib has a later version Habib Cobra 4.55 V1.03 which I'm unsure if I should go with Habib or Rogero.

Then there's a leaked Rebug 4.53 with Cobra 7.01 features which sounds quite nice too since Rebug has always been known for very stable releases of his firmwares.

I plan on getting the PS3 downgrading from a professional Jailbreaker and was wondering if I choose any of those 3 CFW's mentioned above will I be able to change to another firmware by myself via XMB upgrade method with USB stick?

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd have to wait for Rebug's Official 4.53 with Cobra 7.01 CFW, I'm not too keen on leaked firmware.

Though honestly I've read lots of good things about Rogero's Cobra 4.46 even with people who initially preferred Rebug's CFW .

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you just want to play backups and don't need any extra features like Cobra or REBUG Toolbox, I recommend Rogero or REBUG. They're the most stable CFW.
Rogero Cobra 4.46 is great like REBUG 4.46 if you know how to use the features.
There's a Rogero 4.55(regular ver.) right now while REBUG is still at 4.46.1(or 4.53 if you count that leaked one)

I have a PS3 Information Thread/Jailbreaking Guide on my signature

http://gbatemp.net/threads/answers-to-the-most-asked-questions-on-ps3-jail-breaking.369241/
Another link

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative