Unworkable cfw ps3. Is it okay, can it be saved ?

blakkfragg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a ps3, it has cfw on it. Actually it's one two that I have, unfortunately when I turn it on it shows the Rogero 4.55 sign stays there for a while then says can't start, the appropriate system storage was not found. Afterwards it doesn't do anything, does anyone know what is wrong with my machine ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a ps3, it has cfw on it. Actually it's one two that I have, unfortunately when I turn it on it shows the Rogero 4.55 sign stays there for a while then says can't start, the appropriate system storage was not found. Afterwards it doesn't do anything, does anyone know what is wrong with my machine ?
Hdd failure most likely.

Reactions: Eveldee

blakkfragg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new hard disk drive, will make it rework able then Godreborn ? Is it maybe possible to save some of the games on that drive perhaps
Post automatically merged:

A new hard disk drive, will make it rework able then Godreborn ? Is it maybe possible to save some of the games on that drive perhaps

Forgot to thank you for taking the time to answer my query, thank you very much I appreciate your reply and help

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Forgot to thank you for taking the time to answer my query, thank you very much I appreciate your reply and help
not sure, but that sounds like the most likely cause.

blakkfragg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure about the issue, but was looking for help on YouTube, saw a simple solution to try that didn't cost anything, and what do you know it worked. Just took out the hdd, started the ps3 , put the hdd back in with a little pressure and the xmb appeared on the screen. Had to do it a couple of times, but appears to be fine for now. I just hope to find a sticky showing how to back up the games and saves on this 1tb hdd installed

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure about the issue, but was looking for help on YouTube, saw a simple solution to try that didn't cost anything, and what do you know it worked. Just took out the hdd, started the ps3 , put the hdd back in with a little pressure and the xmb appeared on the screen. Had to do it a couple of times, but appears to be fine for now. I just hope to find a sticky showing how to back up the games and saves on this 1tb hdd installed
Dump the erk if on cfw.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I switched to ps3netsrv after dealing with ps3 hard drive issues.

Just FTP the files off the hard drive, if they are in JB format then expect it to take a very long time and potentially fail because of the number of files required to transfer. I also switched to ISO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol