ROM Hack [NEW TO NINTENDO]How to hack my 3ds.Software 2.1.0-4E

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
4.5, like I said before, it allows for a DS exploit, which you need to install only once, unlike browser exploit which you have to run every time you turn on your device.
So you don't need to go to Settings > DS Profile every time?
The browser is much quicker: just open it and the the exploit will be loaded automatically after a few seconds.
If you don't want to go to favourites every time, you can go to the page when WiFi is disabled, then close the browser and reopen it with WiFi enabled.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So you don't need to go to Settings > DS Profile every time?
The browser is much quicker: just open it and it loads the exploit automatically.

Well at least Internet Connection or an android app is not needed to run the exploit.

Also, yes, Settings > DS Profile is much more convenient than Browser exploit, the majority of gbatempers downgraded to 4.x simply for this reason alone, including myself.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well at least Internet Connection or an android app is not needed to run the exploit.

Also, yes, Settings > DS Profile is much more convenient than Browser exploit, the majority of this site downgraded to 4.x simply for this reason alone, including myself.
If you are at home and have blacklisted the update URLs from your router, it is much quicker to use the browser.
If you are not at home or you don't have a router which supports URL blacklisting, it is better to use the DS Profile exploit.

I didn't downgrade because I would lose my saves, but if I did, I would have used the browser exploit anyway, because it's just 1 tap to run.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you are at home and have blacklisted the update URLs from your router, it is much quicker to use the browser.
If you are not at home or you don't have a router which supports URL blacklisting, it is better to use the DS Profile exploit.

I didn't downgrade because I would lose my saves, but if I did, I would have used the browser exploit anyway, because it's just 1 tap to run.

You don't lose your saves, all you have to do is just back-up your SD, and once you downgrade, copy everything back, pretty much this formats your sysNAND, but keeps the emuNAND the way it was, so once you copy everything back, you get your saves back on emuNAND.

It's a matter of preference.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You don't lose your saves, all you have to do is just back-up your SD, and once you downgrade, copy everything back, pretty much this formats your sysNAND, but keeps the emuNAND the way it was, so once you copy everything back, you get your saves back on emuNAND.

It's a matter of preference.
If I downgraded I would lose saves for games that use the new 7.x+ encryption.
Also if you use the browser exploit, you don't have to reinstall the exploit again after you play a DS game.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are you sure about that ?I downgraded, X/Y and Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies were fine, not sure what save encryption they use though.
I don't think those games use the new encryption.
Newer games such as Super Smash Bros. do.

Games that use the new encryption can't run on CFW.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
now i read smth else...r5 and sky3ds can run on lates fw.whats the difference between them and gateway.they are a bit more expensive,but for me would be same price since i have to buy a game...
With Sky3DS you can only play 3DS games and switch between them using a button. It support the latest firmware.
With Gateway you can switch via a menu and you also have region free, emunand, firmware spoofing, CIA support and a DS flashcard. It supports 2.0-9.2 firmwares.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
now i read smth else...r5 and sky3ds can run on lates fw.whats the difference between them and gateway.they are a bit more expensive,but for me would be same price since i have to buy a game...

Chances are the sky3ds will be blocked and stop working before the Gateway mostly, but that's all conjecture. Also, the Gateway is the only one that supports eShop game dumps.
Does the browser on your 3DS work? If so, you don't really need to aim for 4.1-4.5 specifically and can get a cheap game in the 4.1-9.2 range. If trying to open the browser tells you to update though, you'll need 4.1-4.5.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes my browser it works.i searched in google and works like a charm.btw also read something that gateway can brick your device.(nand brick that cannot be unbricked)im a bit worried to get a flash card now :)))
It should not happen if you use the untouched launcher.dat. You can restore a NAND backup if you brick (which is unlikely).
Before buying a game, you could try to load the exploit without the Gateway (and backup your nand). If it works, you can save your money :-)

SpeedPowered

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
as you guys said,ill stay on 2.1...i just ordered my gateway.pretty expensive in uk...58 pounds and my ds was 80....so bassicaly soon i get the gateway i download the updates from there website and move them to sd card and im ready to go?( i mean after nand backup)

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
as you guys said,ill stay on 2.1...i just ordered my gateway.pretty expensive in uk...58 pounds and my ds was 80....so bassicaly soon i get the gateway i download the updates from there website and move them to sd card and im ready to go?( i mean after nand backup)
Download the files from their website, then put launcher.dat into the SD of the 3DS. To load the exploit, launch the app i linked earlier, configure the connection in settings then open the browser and go to the URL displayed on the phone.
If you are at home and blocked the updates, just go to go.gateway-3ds.com ("-"is a minus), but I'm not sure if this works on 2.1...
You can try and backup your nand now, you don't need a gateway for that.

SpeedPowered

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Download the files from their website, then put launcher.dat into the SD of the 3DS. To load the exploit, launch the app i linked earlier, configure the connection in settings then open the browser and go to the URL displayed on the phone.
If you are at home and blocked the updates, just go to go.gateway-3ds.com ("-"is a minus), but I'm not sure if this works on 2.1...
You can try and backup your nand now, you don't need a gateway for that.

what do you mean by *blocked updates*? how do i do that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1