Hacking new to ds scene

extrafuzzyllama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i am new to ds scene i was mostly into psp but i got a dsi for birthday and wanted to know if the dsi can be flashed or hacked like the psp to play games on a memorycard or something i have been researching but i cant really find a answer. i also wanted to know because my little brother is a pokemon fiend and wants to play some new pokemon games on my dsi

extrafuzzyllama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o ok so to play ds roms i would have to get the flash cart? because my friend gave me a disc with all the pokemon ds games on it for my little brother so if i buy that flash cart he can play his pokemon games with no problems? will he be able to trade with ppl who really have the actual games and stuff?

extrafuzzyllama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so having the roms is works exactly like having the actual game?

because my little brother loves pokemon and wants to be able to do all the stuff u would be able to with the actual game like trading and battling with friends is that also possible? and thx 4 quik responces

Primenay13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
extrafuzzyllama said:
wats dsi mode?

It is using the extra processing sped and ram the Dsi has the the other ds's don't. Right now the DSi just emulates the ds. Its kind of sad actually. I wish someone would crack DSi mode!

Ac-town

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. The DSi version 1.4 blocks flash cards, but you can update some flashcards to allow it to work. You will need a older DS or a DSi version 1.3 or lower. The acekard can be updated to get around it.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
extrafuzzyllama said:
so if my dsi is 1.3 or lower i can play onine with falshcart? and is there a acekard update for a dsi on 1.4? to go online yet?

If you update your firmware to 1.4 on your DSi. It will block the Acekard 2i. There is a file that willupdate your acekard 2i to work with 1.4. But if you updated to 1.4 and dont have another ds, then its a fail. It doesn't block you from using wifi on games. =)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
extrafuzzyllama said:
lol now i am a bit confused lol

so it blocks the browser but not wifi on games like pokemon?
No. The new firmware blocks the acekard 2i. If you have 1.3, you can't access the web using the dsi browser or use the dsi shop. But the acekard still works. So dont update your firmware till you update your acekard 2i. I will be uploading a video tutorial on how to do this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill